Aobscan tutorials

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
anl93
Table Makers
Table Makers

Aobscan tutorials

Post by anl93 »

Hello veterans,

I want to learn a aobscan scripting where the code itself updates depending on whichever item or unit etc.. you are hovering a mouse or a whatever you are viewing.

I know the code itself has has "?" So that your code works.

Example: 01 98 E8 ?? ?? 8?

I know basics of aob injection and done all tutorials.
I also know how to find pointers,

So I intent to take my knowledge to the next step,

So if you can share a good video links or a tutorial pages about it I would be grateful, even a game recommendation may help.

Thank you all.

UltimatePoto42
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Aobscan tutorials

Post by UltimatePoto42 »

The tutorials section is for posting tutorials, not requesting them. Topic moved to appropriate section.
anl93 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:41 am
Hello veterans,

I want to learn a aobscan scripting where the code itself updates depending on whichever item or unit etc.. you are hovering a mouse or a whatever you are viewing.

I know the code itself has has "?" So that your code works.

Example: 01 98 E8 ?? ?? 8?

I know basics of aob injection and done all tutorials.
I also know how to find pointers,

So I intent to take my knowledge to the next step,

So if you can share a good video links or a tutorial pages about it I would be grateful, even a game recommendation may help.

Thank you all.
Not really sure what you're asking for here. You may need to elaborate on what you want.

anl93
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anl93 »

viewtopic.php?t=1655 This table has a script that updates item to be modified that you are viewing,
viewtopic.php?t=12285 This table has a mouseover script that updates unit stats to be modified.

So i kinda want that kind of stuff.
Perhaps you are right, i couldn't explain myself clearly.

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

There is no such thing as "aob scripting".
"aob scan" is a way to find code patterns.
"auto assembler" or AA scripts are scripts that CE "translates" into code when you enable a script.
In general, you need to find a hook (an "entry point" so your script will be executed as part of the program, on some event) and you need to write the code that gets injected and executed in that hook.
There is no easy way to do this, you need to learn like so many others before you.

anl93
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anl93 »

Yes i know, but what i dont know is where should i start.

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

Get a game, find some value (health is a common one) and try building a script around it.

YoucefHam
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by YoucefHam »

anl93 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:23 am
Yes i know, but what i dont know is where should i start.
Hi,
Try to follow this YouTube series

Useful YouTube channels
[Link]
[Link]

aanpsx
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by aanpsx »

papus50 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:27 pm
Some noob tutorial, but maybe it will useful to you...

Game: Disgaea 5
1. Find address, eg. HP for a character 1 (Killia)
1. Find address
2. Right click that address then select "Find out what accesses this address" (F5) then Klik OK to attach debugger
(set to VEH debugger first under Setting and Debugger Options)
2. what accesses
3. Opcodes Will pop out
3. Opcodes
4. Go to game and hover to characters to see the correct opcodes
4. chose correct opcode - GIF image
5. there are 5 opcodes, 3 opcodes are constant counting and 2 opcodes below are the correct one (it will update/counting when the cursor are hover to its character HP address (Killia)
6. I use "mov r10,[r10+2CC8]" for my pointer script; [r10+2CC8]--> r10 is the base register (address) for its character and 2CC8 is the offset for HP
5/6. the opcode
7. Select the "chosen" opcode then click Show disassembler to view memory viewer
7. memory viewer
8. Go to Tools and Auto Assemble to make pointer script
8. auto assemble
9. Select Template and AOB Injection to generate default aob script for you
9. aob injection template
10. Make sure the address are correct for address to jump, then click OK
10. correct jump
11. Set a name for your script and OK to generate the aob script (label with No Space)
11. give a name
12. write label for your POINTER address then register it (you can name anything but without space)
label(Pointer)
registersymbol(Pointer)
12. label and registersymbol
13. copy base register address to your pointer label
[r10+2CC8]--> r10 is the base register, so you need to copy r10 to label with bracket
mov [Pointer],r10
13. mov label,r10
14. write that label below jmp return (Original code) to define your label pointer

Code: Select all

Pointer:
dq 0//dq if 64 game, dd if 32 game
14. define your label
15. don't forget to unregister your label pointer below [disable]
unregistersymbol(Pointer)
15. unregister the label
16. Assign your script to CE by select FILE then Assign to current cheat table
16. Assign your script
17. enable your script, and you will see in the memory viewer that your opcode will jump to some address..
18. add Address manually and write your label pointer as the address then tick the pointer and input the offset
17/18. add pointer address - GIF image
Hope it will help..
Last edited by aanpsx on Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

anl93
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anl93 »

@aanpsx
i saw this on youtube channel,
Yes this kind of tutorials are quite good and what i needed,
İ did know until step 5 so Thank you kindly.

But of course i can't assume this works for all games because "find out what accesses" will work differently.

Im working on it.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Interesting you've posted these things here, could help a lot of people, i also made some very bad, i mean some very awful video, very identical to what aanpsx posted here, it takes longer since i exited the game to show that it works after that and i also switched characters.This is for HEALTH when is shared with 2 or more main characters having the same address as base, same as enemies!In case you have no idea how to make some cmp with enemies, this is easy-peasy.Mostly, remember this, when the address for your health or whatever it might be for, is the first one in that list, when you'll access that, or if you have 4-5 characters involved, all of them (including you), always will be counted first, therefore no need to calculate offsets (+ or -) in most cases.If you'll manage what i did here, try it on some easy game, you'll gain experience!

Then after that, you'll might want to ask on how to add multiple values to the same address, who knows, some video might drop!Meaning, if the same address share almost all for all, health, coins, exp, enemies hp etc..all is into a single address!There's that dissect thingy and a lot of cmp used or add them all, step-by-step to your pointer base script, this way calculating the offsets for each one.

Me, i hate pointers, those aren't reliable, is true these are really easy to update, though scripts, on the other hand, that's another story, those will work, if are done right, will function 100% on every machine! ;)

Look below for some videos!

Take care, all the best! :wub:
Last edited by VampTY on Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anl93
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anl93 »

i managed to make a character pointer script for game "Domina" ,

but im having a trouble to figure out what opcode to start disassemblering.

Thank you,

UltimatePoto42
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by UltimatePoto42 »

anl93 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:43 pm
i managed to make a character pointer script for game "Domina" ,

but im having a trouble to figure out what opcode to start disassemblering.

Thank you,
Start with the CE tutorial, it goes over the basics like finding a value then using the debugger to find the code that manipulates it. And you don't disassemble the code CE does that, when you open the memory view form that's all disassembled code in the upper area of the form.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Tutorial AOB: Player + OHK

Here's a video regarding how to make aob scripts for hp and ohk, having a shared address (there's always that mute button, it's my music that i listen :P ), it's nothing fancy, i've tried to make it as simple as it can be (without @f or @@f: or whatnot and without commonalites between addresses as you'll mark them as groups, in this way you'll select each one easy, so you won't get lost or giving up!). ;)

Those scripts pasted in both scripts will enable each script to be clicked without disabling the other one, also disabling the one in use, you can also double click if you want.This is only for these two, you can rename the scripts where is that "Health" with something else (is in 3 places).Remember always rename them in "..." with their given name, also this code you'll have to paste under "[ENABLE]", also these can be added between two scripts, for reloads, jumps, health, inventory etc.Here they are:
Transition ON!
{$lua}
local pHealthOn = getAddressList().getMemoryRecordByDescription("...")
if (pHealthOn.Active) then
pHealthOn.Active = false
end
{$asm}
Transition OFF!
{$lua}
local pHealthOff = getAddressList().getMemoryRecordByDescription("...")
if (pHealthOff.Active) then
pHealthOff.Active = false
end
{$asm}
  • Player HP + CMP with Enemies HP
  • Player HP + CMP with Enemies HP + OHK
Awful video : :P

Hope this can help somehow, take care! :P

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Tutorial AOB: Ghost/Stealth

A very awful video recorded by me, using a game called THIEF 3 (this one i had installed now) on how to find the real value for it, it could be a very long process, or a short one (for me it was longer, since i never used here in this video any hotkeys that i use, i just showed you exactly what i pressed, so that could have been done in half of the time ;) ) and all this can be done with experience, skills and patience.You won't make it perhaps the first time, or the second, or the third, or the forth, perhaps you could break your keyboard or something else from your anger asking why you can't find nothing pr why did your laptop just flew out the window! :lol: :P

Well, values for these things (ghost, invisible, stealth) could be located in either float or bite.Do as i did, remember that the process, again, can get you mad at some points.There's other ways where you can dump files and find the exact value or hash or address etc, or in engines such as Unity, you just search for it.So, practice, practice and practice, don't ever give up!When you'll do your first ghost script, you'll know you advanced to the next level! :)

How:

I really hope you boys, girls, gents and ladies, if you ever needed this, that will help you in your future searches.Best wishes! :wub: :P
Last edited by VampTY on Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anl93
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anl93 »

@VampTY

Thank you kindly,

I'm downloading all videos here to my local computer.