[Help] Freeze timer using Mono Dissector

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Galerian
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

[Help] Freeze timer using Mono Dissector

Post by Galerian »

Hi everyone!
I've tried to find a way to freeze timer in Cooking Simulator (vanila game, not pizza / backery), and following this message: viewtopic.php?p=92610#p92610 I've started with searching through Mono Dissector, but after opening Memory Viewer I'm stuck. There are only three operations at TimeManager:UpdateDayTime address and I'm not sure where to dig next
Here is how memory view for TimeManager:UpdateDayTime looks like Image

Any help would be apperciated!
Thank you!

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: [Help] Freeze timer using Mono Dissector

Post by LeFiXER »

The information is there in the thread you linked. Instead of using mono dissector use .NET info to locate the method. It will probably be in Assembly-C-Sharp.dll (from the left-hand side). Search in the field at the top, TimeManager. Select it then right-click the UpdateDayTime method on the right-hand side, in the popup menu click JIT/Get address.

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

Could be that the game has updated and they changed the function that handles the timer. Try looking for other time related stuff under "TimeManager".

Galerian
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Galerian »

LeFiXER wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:27 pm
The information is there in the thread you linked. Instead of using mono dissector use .NET info to locate the method. It will probably be in Assembly-C-Sharp.dll (from the left-hand side). Search in the field at the top, TimeManager. Select it then right-click the UpdateDayTime method on the right-hand side, in the popup menu click JIT/Get address.
Hi! Yeah, I know that, that's how I reached memory view in the first place :)
That's my first attempt to make something more complex than just address scan, so I'm not very familiar with all CE tools

Galerian
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Galerian »

Rhark wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:27 pm
Could be that the game has updated and they changed the function that handles the timer. Try looking for other time related stuff under "TimeManager".
Guess it is like you are describing, there are a lot of different time managers, and looks like the 'top' one works only with events queue instead of direct values. Tried to play with `StandardTimeManager` using linked thread as an example, but got nothing working, unfortunatelly. I'll try again when I come up with a new ideas!