Cheat Engine and Windows 11 — will it work?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
h0n24
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Cheat Engine and Windows 11 — will it work?

Post by h0n24 »

Hello Cheat Engine users!

Those of you, who are early adopters of the new Windows 11 — is your Cheat Engine working properly, or are there some downfalls connected with it? Have you experienced any issues?

According to the news Microsoft focused on security in the new operating system, they added;
  • Virtualization-based Security (VBS), which should isolate a secure region of memory from the operating system — does it somehow interfere with Cheat Engine?
  • Memory integrity system, aka Hypervisor Code Integrity (HVCI), which should automatically prevent attacks from inserting malicious code into "high-security processes" — again, can it somehow interfere with Cheat Engine?
  • And others as Kernel Mode Code Integrity (KMCI) and Local Security Authority (LSA), again, I have no clue if they are bypassable or are somehow interfering with Cheat Engine.
As I usually don't have much time for gaming nowadays and yet I love gaming, I can't imagine playing a game without a Cheat Engine as it - in my case - speeds up the completion of the game, essentially skipping repetitive, boring, or long areas of the games. Nowadays when I start an offline game, I also immediately start Cheat Engine as well, sometimes even spending more time in Cheat Engine than in the game itself.

Yet I'm pretty sure that sooner or later I will have to upgrade to Windows 11 (and if I upgrade, it's for the sake of security), so that's why I'm asking what to expect beforehand.

John

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Cheat Engine and Windows 11 — will it work?

Post by STN »

Yes.

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Cheat Engine and Windows 11 — will it work?

Post by Rhark »

The only problems I've encountered with CE is the problems that were there on Windows 10. I've had more OS issues than before but I think that's due to the new security features.