Cheat Engine on Linux: How to make scripts recognize the game you're targeting?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Cheat Engine on Linux: How to make scripts recognize the game you're targeting?

Post by 94247779605 »

I am on a Linux OS. I run CE through making and running a ceserver and running CE through Wine. Targeting applications through a wined CT is a little more complicated than Windows.

Since it is wined, it may only target itself or other wined applications/processes/windows at first. For CE to target your system processes further as far as my understanding goes, you must Process List>Network and enter your Localhost in Host. Although the Applications and Windows won't be updated, it'll show all the processes currently available to go into, and that is how you get into your game with CE on Linux.

---

This is where I am stuck. I want to run a script that targets a game I am currently running, however the script won't recognize that I am running said game. It is in error saying:

```<<module not found:ffxv_s.exe>>```

My question is how do I edit the script so that it can recognize FFXV being that it is running on CE being wined in Linux?

The Script that I am trying to run: download/file.php?id=19360&sid=77679af8 ... cd943ccc71

Further photos of the trouble I'm having:

What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Cheat Engine on Linux: How to make scripts recognize the game you're targeting?

Post by 94247779605 »

I see that this is from one of a few things, I don't know which, but I do know this. With the use of an other system like CE made for Linux known as Game Conqueror, It is able to target values and change them like CE does it although much less advanced.
CE while working on Linux could not make the speedhack work. It could read from where to get the files needed to make it work, but was unable to change and grab a hold of them.