How Can Find Function In Game?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
vikhablog5
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

How Can Find Function In Game?

Post by vikhablog5 »

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie at Cheat Engine and I want to learn many things.
I played My Time At Portia and I can do a simple hack. When I download Cheat Table from our forum, and research about it. I found an exciting thing.
I think he calls a function of this game (I know about AOBscan) or anything the same, similar. So, can I find the function of the game like that by Cheat Engine? :? :?
One more, I have another Cheat Table which can Auto Click in-game. I don't know how can they do that and I want to see the script, but when I Show Cheat Table Lua Script, it has nothing inside. How can I see it?
Please help me, thank you so much for your help! :wub: :wub:

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: How Can Find Function In Game?

Post by Marc »

According to finding functions of the game: to get such addreesses it is required that the game is written in mono/.net. Otherwise it would not work.
There are several ways to find a function in game:
  • find a value, do a "find what writes to this address" and jump to the writing code as usual. Then activate Mono in the main menu, the address will automatically change into its "speaking name".
  • use "Mono- Dissect Mono" or the new „.NET / .NET Info“ introduced in Cheat Engine 7.3. The needed functions are to be found in the assembly-csharp section. Take a look at
  • use the external tool DNSpy, which is portable freeware and allows you to comfortably analyze a .net game, see
The Auto-assembler code you posted does not do an AOB, it just checks if the bytes at the given address are as expected. An AOB would find the bytes wherever they are located, as long as they don't change but CE has to scan the whole memory of the game. So this way of addressing code is much faster.

about the auto-click: no idea, sorry

vikhablog5
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: How Can Find Function In Game?

Post by vikhablog5 »

Marc wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:11 am
According to finding functions of the game: to get such addreesses it is required that the game is written in mono/.net. Otherwise it would not work.
There are several ways to find a function in game:
  • find a value, do a "find what writes to this address" and jump to the writing code as usual. Then activate Mono in the main menu, the address will automatically change into its "speaking name".
  • use "Mono- Dissect Mono" or the new „.NET / .NET Info“ introduced in Cheat Engine 7.3. The needed functions are to be found in the assembly-csharp section. Take a look at
  • use the external tool DNSpy, which is portable freeware and allows you to comfortably analyze a .net game, see
The Auto-assembler code you posted does not do an AOB, it just checks if the bytes at the given address are as expected. An AOB would find the bytes wherever they are located, as long as they don't change but CE has to scan the whole memory of the game. So this way of addressing code is much faster.

about the auto-click: no idea, sorry
Very helpful, I understood. Really really thank you so much :D :D. Have a beautiful day ^^