Need to find some basic instructions.

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
fg13
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Need to find some basic instructions.

Post by fg13 »

Okay, so what I have is this Encased RPG game on steam. The encumbrance value is a float that's relatively easy to find if you remove some stuff from your inventory and pick it back up. Normally I'd get by just finding the value at the start of a play session and locking it to 0 so I can pick up all the stuff like a proper RPG hoarder.

Well, here's the problem I'm running into with just locking in the value. If I reload the save the value changes location. So I have to find it again and if you're saving and reloading a lot that becomes a huge hassle. So what I want to know is if it's possible to automate the search for this value so I don't have to keep doing it? If possible, then I'll need instructions on how that's done.

Edit: so far I figured out I should do something with an AOB but I'm having a hard time absorbing all the information and making use of it. :( I think I'll try looking for a tutorial video now that I have some general idea of what I might need to do. Because these dry wiki explanations are not working into my brain.

TheByteSize
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Need to find some basic instructions.

Post by TheByteSize »

If you're not trolling.

fg13
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by fg13 »

TheByteSize wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:10 pm
If you're not trolling.
What did I say to get that reaction? :shock:

I'm gonna give that video a spin and see if I can figure out how to make it work for my issue. The video I was just trying was some guy doing something with character stamina in The Forest game and trying to follow along caused my game to freeze up and crash. I probably did something wrong but I also suspect that his instructions weren't going in a direction that applied to what I was trying to do.

Hopefully, this video is easier for me to follow along and I'll be able to make use of the instructions without CTDing the game... and hopefully, I'll get a working script that does what I want. Thanks for the reply. :D

Edit: :D I think it's working, and I only watched about 6 mins of the video to get to a point where it showed what to do. The value is staying at 0 after reloading the game.

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

Good to see you made progress, but this isn't Lua scripting. It's to do with Cheat Engine's Auto Assembler.

ShyTwig16
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ShyTwig16 »

Not Lua related, topic moved.