Help retrieving item Hash IDs with CE

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
dna
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Help retrieving item Hash IDs with CE

Post by dna »

Hash IDs of in-game items are an integral part of using CE as a player, i.e. AC Valhalla. Since the last large ACV update 1.3.0, Hash ID dump files are no longer readily available, and the centralized google spreadsheet has not been updated by those with editing privileges. Because of this, I would really like to learn how these Hash IDs are acquired so I am not reliant on others to do it for me/us.

I've done a fair amount of searching but so far I havent found a great source of information on this topic. I also have no idea how these Hash IDs are even found, or how the text-based dump files are generated. I'm willing to put the time in to learn this, but I'm not exactly sure where to begin. Hoping some of the more experienced people here would have some advice or point me in the right direction. Thank you

dna
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Help retrieving item Hash IDs with CE

Post by dna »

I was able to find one method, which is to use the "Edit Item" feature from an existing table, which provides the hash of any item equipped in the inventory. However this only accounts for a fraction of the total items in the game. I will keep digging and searching for tutorials/guides that may help get hash IDs.. and I'd appreciate anyone who has a suggestion or recommendation! Thanks again

Edit: perhaps I can dig into the CT code for that function and see how they get the hash ID for equipped items. But in a perfect world there would be a way to simply identify all items, equipped or not, and output to txt