How Do I Add Weapons To Inventory?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Gear2ndGandalf
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

How Do I Add Weapons To Inventory?

Post by Gear2ndGandalf »

I’m stuck trying to locate the weapons values and movement speeds for player character on both Silent Hill 2&3 PC versions. Does anyone have advise I can follow to help me locate these dodgy values? This has become something of a great challenge.

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: How Do I Add Weapons To Inventory?

Post by LeFiXER »

Usually this kind of address will be in the Player Struct, locate an address for the player and dissect data structure. Look for values that change when you speed up/slow down.

As for adding items to inventory, you have to locate the IDs in the inventory and know the IDs of each item. Replace the ID and it should replace the item although it is not always so simple. There can be other factors that prevent such a hack.

Gear2ndGandalf
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Gear2ndGandalf »

How will I locate the player struct? Is there a tutorial out there I can follow?

I don’t know where to begin on locating IDs as all I know how to do is look for changed values. Do I need a hex editor?

And thanks for your advise!

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

There are plenty of tutorials: Cheat The Game, Stephen Chapman, lowb1t etc.... are some channels on YouTube which can show you how things are done, but of course, you will have to apply that knowledge because it will no doubtedly be somewhat different since no two games are the same.

Gear2ndGandalf
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Gear2ndGandalf »

LeFiXER wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:21 am
There are plenty of tutorials: Cheat The Game, Stephen Chapman, lowb1t etc.... are some channels on YouTube which can show you how things are done, but of course, you will have to apply that knowledge because it will no doubtedly be somewhat different since no two games are the same.
Thanks I have added those youtubers Cheat Engine guides to my playlist! You've been a great help!

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

No problem :).