[Help] Navigating to Memory Region From Memory Viewer?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Snowbunny
Cheater
Cheater

[Help] Navigating to Memory Region From Memory Viewer?

Post by Snowbunny »

Hey fellas, new scripter here going through tutorials and doing some basic custom tables for easy games.

I've come across a simple question: If you're in memory viewer and CTRL+G to navigate to an address you can locate the symbol and all related stuff in the upper half of the window. This is all fine and dandy... But is there any way to highlight that address from up top and navigate to the memory region down low?

As of now the only way I've found is to manually do an AoB scan for the bytes in that area, add the address and then "Browse Memory Region" from the main Cheat Engine menu.

That's... Not ideal at all, very convoluted and way more steps than is needed. I'm sure I'm simply missing a right click > Browse memory in the upper half of the memory viewer somewhere, but I simply cannot find it.

Any help?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [Help] Navigating to Memory Region From Memory Viewer?

Post by TimFun13 »

Select the disassembled line of code and press CTRL+SPACE.

Snowbunny
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Snowbunny »

Killer, thank you very much! Just out of curiosity is that not an element in a menu somewhere? Couldn't find that keybind from a quick scan through all the memory viewer menus.

In any case, that's going to save me a bunch of time so thanks Tim. :)

ShyTwig16
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ShyTwig16 »

Snowbunny wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:03 am
Killer, thank you very much! Just out of curiosity is that not an element in a menu somewhere? Couldn't find that keybind from a quick scan through all the memory viewer menus.

In any case, that's going to save me a bunch of time so thanks Tim. :)
I've never seen it if it is. I only know because I stumbled across a post one time where someone mentioned it.

Snowbunny
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Snowbunny »

Awesome, thanks again.

Sorry for the bump but I just wanted to share to any future Google-Fu's that you can also hit "CTRL+SPACE" when highlighting a memory address in the lower half of the window to jump to the relevant symbol in the upper half. It works both ways.