cheat engine 7.2 virus total shows 29?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
GloSabi
Noobzor
Noobzor

cheat engine 7.2 virus total shows 29?

Post by GloSabi »

virus total says the cheat engine i was gonna download from the official site has 29 flags is this normal?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: cheat engine 7.2 virus total shows 29?

Post by TimFun13 »

Virus total just shows a list of other sites. So it's telling you that 29 other AV companies flagged it. If you look at those flagges you'd likely see a lot of the same stuff. PUP, PUA, Hack tool, and Adware. The CE installer comes with adware, so DB can make a little money back for his time. If you become a CE patreon you can get access to installers without the adware. And a PUP, is potentially unwanted program; same with PUA (potentially unwanted application). So if you meant to install CE then it's not potentially unwanted. And CE is definitely a hack tool, but odds are that's why you wanted to install it in the first place.

Basically CE modifies the memory of other programs so at no point will AVs be ok with that. Just make sure to read the installer and opt-out of the adware when it asks you if you want to install other stuff. There should be 2 prompts for the adware stuff.

GloSabi
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: cheat engine 7.2 virus total shows 29?

Post by GloSabi »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:22 pm
Virus total just shows a list of other sites. So it's telling you that 29 other AV companies flagged it. If you look at those flagges you'd likely see a lot of the same stuff. PUP, PUA, Hack tool, and Adware. The CE installer comes with adware, so DB can make a little money back for his time. If you become a CE patreon you can get access to installers without the adware. And a PUP, is potentially unwanted program; same with PUA (potentially unwanted application). So if you meant to install CE then it's not potentially unwanted. And CE is definitely a hack tool, but odds are that's why you wanted to install it in the first place.

Basically CE modifies the memory of other programs so at no point will AVs be ok with that. Just make sure to read the installer and opt-out of the adware when it asks you if you want to install other stuff. There should be 2 prompts for the adware stuff.
ahhh i see thanks man! you see i downloaded Cheat engine about 3-4 years ago and i havent been on the pc scene in a while i didnt know if anything weird had happened as far as fake website or i clicked the wrong link lmaoo

usually big green buttons are a no no for me xD