Ultimate Spider-Man Debug Menu PC Version

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man Debug Menu PC Version

Post by SunBeam »

Protoz01 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm
Hi there. Be kind and upload what you have someplace and PM me the links. I can help out, am a sucker for dev stuff :) Or debug builds.

EDIT #1: Ah, one of the links points to the ISO.

EDIT #2: If the idea is to get the menu from the XBOX version to PC or vice-versa, then know that for most of these old games, developers used to comment out code that shouldn't have made it in the release build. As such, they had a release executable, a debug or development one and, at times, a test executable. Here.. you have the major issue: wanting to convert XBOX code to PC (PowerPC to Intel). IDA can help identify some functions and name them up, but the ability to do PPC-to-Intel is not something I've seen. And nope, no tools that can do that. So you'll need quite a lot of reverse-engineering knowledge, plus coding (not just C++, but the ability to look at ASM and envision the purpose of the function).

EDIT #3: And the ISO is not Windows-compatible. So, someone with XBOX-reversing knowledge would need to convert the content to .xex format, so IDA can load it up and you could work with it. Another thing I'm not sure exists.. is a .pdb file. Is there any in that ISO? Cuz without it, you'll be swimming in the dark in that PowerPC code...

EDIT #4: Oh, but wait. I didn't know the .xbe file is actually in Intel format? o_O

EDIT #5: So I was able to convert the .xbe to .exe with a small tool -> [Link]. At the bottom of the page, there is a comment: CXBX-0.5.0 - XBE => EXE convertor. With it I can now see this in x64dbg (32-bit version):

Will post more as I progress. Quite nice to do something else for a change, that takes you outside of your 'comfort' zone.

EDIT #6: Looks like others were looking for a way to read the .map file containing the symbols: [Link]. The idea is to try and get them to load along with the binary/xbe/exe, so you can check out the function names.

itsnotmeitsyou
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by itsnotmeitsyou »

To anyone who views this: does the .PDB file exist anywhere? I had someone working on an USM model extraction tool, but progress was halted due to not having access to the .PDB file.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

We would kindly appreciate it if you stopped returning every once in a while under a new user and resurrecting this topic. Cheers.