[Help] Caster of Magic

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
fiordhraoi
Noobzor
Noobzor

[Help] Caster of Magic

Post by fiordhraoi »

Hey all,

So for all the old Master of Magic fans, a native windows update/rebalance called Caster of Magic was just released. They'd had a DOS version before, but the windows version has some nice quality of life upgrades. More readable text, scroll wheel, etc. Some values have been updated to 4 bytes instead of 2, so your gold/mana doesn't max at 30,000 anymore.

The memory structure is quite similar to the old Master of Magic, so I've been able to get a table together with resources, spell books, retorts, etc. What I can't seem to find are the actual spells. They don't seem to be in the same memory location that they used to be in.

The way it used to work, memory wise, is that every spell in the game has a value from 00-03.

00: You can't learn this spell
01: You will eventually be able to learn this spell
02: You know the spell
03: The spell is currently on your list of what you can choose to research next

These used to be one byte values but I'm not sure if that's changed, as some other values have changed to 4 byte as well.

Any thoughts on how to find these? I thought about trying to find the value 03 that's surrounded by a bunch of 00-02s, but couldn't figure out a way to do that efficiently.

Madocs99
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Help] Caster of Magic

Post by Madocs99 »

Wow you are doing much better than me!
Any chance you could upload a copy of your table?
I am trying to figure out how to modify population and hero experience values, but retorts and resources would be nice as well.

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

One thought I had which may not help you much:
Is it possible with the update/rebalance that the mechanism for how those enumerations work got changed? Perhaps it got re-implemented to no longer be represented at 00-03 and some other values?

In any case, are the spell attributes static or is that something you can force a change in? If you can force a change in the spell being locked out, you can potentially scan for it assuming the player strict remains static also.

Hope it helps.

Tsahion
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Tsahion »

So you're just going to say you made a table and not share it... Okay...

It's not like i'm searching for one -sadface-

Rexorz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Rexorz »

Hello!

Thought I'd throw my simple table up here for anyone still playing this!

These are are strictly 2 byte memory searches, nothing fancy, so no promises they'll work for you...and any update to the game will probably break them, but they were easy to find!

Options:
Number of each spell book (giving yourself 10 or more of all 5 classes will crash the game when you try to end your first turn..seems to work best with around 40 total books)
Player Gold
Player Mana
Research Points (finish spell research every turn)
Overland Casting Skill (Cast unlimited instant spells on the overland map)
Combat Skill (Sets your mana reserve in combat)
Number of In Combat spells (set and lock to 1 for unlimited spells on your turn...turn off on opponent's turn, as it seems to work for them, too!)
Spell Binding Cooldown (set to 0 and you can cast Spell Binding repeatedly...max of 5 spells can be "bound", though.
Gold and Mana addresses for all 13 opponent slots*

As a side note, if you want to see the AI freak out with unlimited power...set and lock your combat skill and combat spells, then tell it to do auto with spells....it will cast spells FOREVER...or until all of your enemies die...and you'll have dozens of summoned critters on the battle field if you have summoning spells! :D
Attachments
Caster.CT
Caster Of Magic Windows
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 294 times

thurmack
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by thurmack »

Did anyone happen to have a table that works on Caster of Magic v1.02? I'm specifically looking to custom build a wizard that isn't limited by the game picks (I want to add more of the traits). Alternately, is editing a save as simple as opening it up in a hex editor? I'm not at my desk computer at the moment so I can't test but if it is I might just do that....

Luxifer
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Luxifer »

Looking for 1 that works on v1.02.01 as well
Tried using the search function in this forum but its not working for me i dont understand why....