[Help] Trying to find pointer value for DesMuMe emulator?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Mr. Alien
Cheater
Cheater

Re: [Help] Trying to find pointer value for DesMuMe emulator?

Post by Mr. Alien »

Zylox wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:28 pm
Hey guys, im trying to hack pokemon platinum with cheat engine, and to start im working with the health value of the pokemon in battle. I'm able to find the value, but i've noticed that whenever i restart the game, that memory address location changes. So now i'm trying to find a pointer to said memory location, but whenever i run pointer scans i get nothing, and finding what accesses the health value gives me the easy guess pointer of "140000000" with two offsets, one that's always 5411250, and another thats always 22C57xx, where the xx always changes with each boot. I'm not entirely sure what to do from here. If anyone knows, could they help me out? Thanks!
I'd recommend learning about AOB scan and pointer injection. I can cheat just fine in Citra with it. Still, shit's pretty fucking complex.

Zylox
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [Help] Trying to find pointer value for DesMuMe emulator?

Post by Zylox »

Mr. Alien wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:12 pm
Zylox wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:28 pm
Hey guys, im trying to hack pokemon platinum with cheat engine, and to start im working with the health value of the pokemon in battle. I'm able to find the value, but i've noticed that whenever i restart the game, that memory address location changes. So now i'm trying to find a pointer to said memory location, but whenever i run pointer scans i get nothing, and finding what accesses the health value gives me the easy guess pointer of "140000000" with two offsets, one that's always 5411250, and another thats always 22C57xx, where the xx always changes with each boot. I'm not entirely sure what to do from here. If anyone knows, could they help me out? Thanks!
I'd recommend learning about AOB scan and pointer injection. I can cheat just fine in Citra with it. Still, shit's pretty fucking complex.
Definitely, right now I'm taking it one step at a time, but i'm making progress. Currently working with a GBA game since they seem to be easier to hack and figure out, but I still feel like I have no idea what i'm doing lol