CE versions and extensions

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Nona_Namett
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

CE versions and extensions

Post by Nona_Namett »

hello, i am new to this site, but have used CE off and on (as a beginner) for maybe 5 years. i wanted to meet some folks who make trainers, and do some learning/practicing myself, so i can make a few basic trainers for a couple older games.
there's lots of options for trainers around, but i have no liking for we mod or cheet happens. i would like to have safe, standalone basic trainers for free, rather than install any sort of platform, or pay a subscripton for tools to play my games as i wish. when games have sandbox options, an unlocked debug menu, and/or support for modding, i love them even more.
my favorite example is banished (2014/shining rock.) i have played vanilla without mods or debug, and gotten 32/36 steam achievements. but most the time, i want to just be creative, and make a happy town, with lots of decoration, without worrying about resources too much. and since i have both paid for the game, and donated to the custom content makers at black liquid (colonial charter is fantastic,) i don't want to also have to pay cheet happens just for a tool that lets me play as i want. and between windows xbox game mode and steam overlay, etc., there's already enough stuff i don't use taking up memory, i definitely don't want we mod as well.
the game i use a trainer with most - these days - is tropico 6. but today i had a hankering to goof around in project highrise, since i haven't played it for more than a year. but since it's so old, there's no decent free trainers.
i know i can put one together on my own. there's some good tutorials available. with a bit of practice i think i can even make one that looks okay. and i'm grateful for fearlessrevolution and the community here, that uses cheat engine. sorry i've rambled, i wanted to give a bit of intro.
my questions is (at last) should i use an older version of CE from github, if i want to install CE extensions? i saw a couple that had CE6.5 in parenthesis and i guess that means it needs that older version to work?
thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

TheyCallMeTim13
Administration
Administration

Re: CE versions and extensions

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 »

I would stick with table's, tell you get the hang of it. Just so you don't have to worry about the UI, and can focus on the cheats at first. But CE actually has a trainer making tool, I've never really messed with it, but it's a popular option. There's a post about the new Fearless App; but I'm not sure how it's set up at this point. If you really want to make trainers then C++ is the way to go, in my opinion; And CE itself is written in Object Pascal (with a little C I think). But again if you haven't already, I would focus on learning Assembly first then worry about making UIs after you get comfortable with that.

As for the extensions, it depends. In most cases you should be fine with upgrading. But some are tied to specific versions. You can install multiple versions though. I have 4 now, it just makes the default (i.e.: mapped in windows registry) the last one you install.

Nona_Namett
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: CE versions and extensions

Post by Nona_Namett »

thanks, i hadn't thought of having several versions at once. i will give that a try.