Question about the CE Speedhack

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Scorpion123
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Question about the CE Speedhack

Post by Scorpion123 »

As a preface, I'm working with a game whose FPS is based off the speed of the game. 0.09 gets 333 fps cap, 0.5 gets 60, 1 get 30, x2 does 15, etc.
Anyways, is there a way to make the CE speedhack work without cheat engine? As some sort of plugin that I can set up to have preset FPS values people can pick?

aSwedishMagyar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Question about the CE Speedhack

Post by aSwedishMagyar »

Just so you know, every game works like that. For example, in Outward I get 120 FPS at the menu. If I select 2x speed I get 60 FPS and if I select 0.5x speed I get 240 FPS. It is just a direct division of whatever FPS you get at 1x speed. If you want to limit a game to a certain FPS you should use something like Rivatuner, not the speedhack from Cheat Engine.

Scorpion123
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Scorpion123 »

aSwedishMagyar wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:54 pm
Just so you know, every game works like that. For example, in Outward I get 120 FPS at the menu. If I select 2x speed I get 60 FPS and if I select 0.5x speed I get 240 FPS. It is just a direct division of whatever FPS you get at 1x speed. If you want to limit a game to a certain FPS you should use something like Rivatuner, not the speedhack from Cheat Engine.
Every other time I've used the speedhack the game itself sped up or slowed down. Game was untouched while doing this and only the FPS seemed to change. The game is capped at 30 fps and I have no current way of uncapping it, don't think a cap exists in the game itself after trying to search on end. So was hoping this would somehow work

aSwedishMagyar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by aSwedishMagyar »

Scorpion123 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:36 pm
Every other time I've used the speedhack the game itself sped up or slowed down. Game was untouched while doing this and only the FPS seemed to change. The game is capped at 30 fps and I have no current way of uncapping it, don't think a cap exists in the game itself after trying to search on end. So was hoping this would somehow work
Which game are you talking about?