Borderlands 3 - Third Person Help

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
AznSenseition
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Borderlands 3 - Third Person Help

Post by AznSenseition »

I have followed the guide provided by Alice in this thread here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10253&start=195

I'm just finding myself a bit confused as I am new to all of this. So i get how to find the game dump.txt. I find my address, then I get to this point where I need to manually add the address, but my tables don't look the same or I am clearly doing something wrong. Any assistance would be appreciated!

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Borderlands 3 - Third Person Help

Post by SunBeam »

That's what happens when you follow image or video tutorials: you expect to see the same shit you see in the author's image/video T_T. Like I said many times by now, learn why you do it before how to do it. Your table will never look the same with Alice's simply because the addresses are allocated at run-time or every time you go main menu <-> map or map <-> map. That's why I also said you need to re-dump the .txt files, because the addresses will change (in a language you understand).

Alice's tutorial tells you to find the string in the .txt dump. Then copy that address and browse it in Memory Viewer, bottom part. Then look at certain offsets where you will see some float values. I really hope you know what a float is.. not to mention all the rest..

Start by learning how to use CE to hack games more than scanning for values or "Find out what writes/accesses this" and quick NOP it. That's not game-hacking.

AznSenseition
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Borderlands 3 - Third Person Help

Post by AznSenseition »

After posting this I did indeed figure out a bit more and got a little further a long. Thanks for the assistance! =) Ill give it another go today.

edit: So in my infinite wisdom, my stupidity got the better of me and I was editing values in game not at the main menu. All good now! Thanks for the help!