How do I make a changing value stick?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
usalabs
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

How do I make a changing value stick?

Post by usalabs »

I'm not sure how the question could be asked, but I have a game that I have been playing for months, but the longer I play it, then longer each item takes to build, IE, at first it only took around 2 to 5 minutes to build or upgrade a building, but now it takes around 3-5 days, and even longer to upgrade, unless I pay huge amounts of real cash to buy crystals to use to speed up the processes, but before I explain what I wanted to do, I'm by no means a noob when it comes to cheat engine, I've used it many times in the past when I can't get beyond a level, such as when playing match 3 games and even though it says it can be done in 20 moves, it definitely can't, and when all the lives have been lost, real money is needed to buy more, which I don't mind in some circumstances, but when the longer the game is played the more money has to be used and the higher the price, that's where I draw the line.

Anyway, I loaded up cheat engine and loaded the game's process into it, and noted the amount of crystals, IE 12, I did an 'all' search using exact value, of 12, which showed a bunch load of addresses, so I played the game a little and use a couple of crystals, and then did a 'Next Scan' for say 10, which found only 1 entry, so I copied that address into the lower window, then altered the data to 50, then went back to the game, and used 1 more crystal, the crystal amount did show 50, then spun down to 9, and when I looked at cheat engine, that value had also changed to 9, so I changed the value back to 50, then put a check 'x' into the 'Activated' box next to the address, and tried again, again with using 1 crystal, and this time, the game amount instead of spinning down, showed the 50, then shot straight down to 8.

The question is, how do I get the value to stick? The game is not server side, as I have blocked it in the firewall.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: How do I make a changing value stick?

Post by TimFun13 »

If they are bought with real money they're most likely server side, thus you can't alture the value.

usalabs
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by usalabs »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:20 am
If they are bought with real money they're most likely server side, thus you can't alture the value.
That's the question, it seems only server side, if it connects to the internet to purchase something, but if it's blocked from accessing the internet either by blocking it in the firewall, or disabling the NIC, the game can still be played, and coins, crystals, etc etc can still be used and added by collecting coins from buildings, which means to me, that even though it can be played offline, coins and crystals, etc etc values change during game play, but, the values of coins, crystals, etc etc still can't be changed using CE, but there has to be a way do to that while offline.

I used the same procedures for a game called Snow Town - Ice Village World, by disabling the NIC, then using CE I successfully changed the gold and coins amount but I had to lock the value, using the 'Activate' check box, but for some reason, I can't do that with Paradise Island 2, even though I found the right addresses to change the values.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

You might just be looking at the display values, the real values might be masked or encrypted.

Myk_8742
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Myk_8742 »

Hi, I'm new. I saw this post and recently found an easy way to hack the gems. If you're on pc we can chat on the xbox app in microsoft store or on the xbox gamebar.(My username is Myk_874 on the app or its still StonyCactus8305 idk)