Allocating Memory Question

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Allocating Memory Question

Post by zachillios »

So I recently upgraded to windows 10 (I know I'm behind the times) and since I reinstalled cheat engine, I've noticed it's doing something odd when I run the Aob Scan template. Prior to updating the template would automatically place the allocation, but now it seems to no longer place anything and it just writes 1000.

This is what it used to do:

Now it does this:

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I missed when I reinstalled? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Allocating Memory Question

Post by GreenHouse »

Regardless of the reason it doesn't appear, it's something optional. That extra address makes it so the alloc will be placed near to it, so the jump is not too far. Other than that, in case you need it, you can always copy/paste the module name yourself like so:
alloc(newmem,$1000,A17.exe)
Maybe the reason is that you're using a different version now that you reinstalled it.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

GreenHouse wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:42 am
Regardless of the reason it doesn't appear, it's something optional. That extra address makes it so the alloc will be placed near to it, so the jump is not too far. Other than that, in case you need it, you can always copy/paste the module name yourself like so:
alloc(newmem,$1000,A17.exe)
Maybe the reason is that you're using a different version now that you reinstalled it.
Ah okay. Thank you!

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

It only does the 3th parameter if the process is 64-bit. For 32-bit targets it has no use

kantoboy69
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by kantoboy69 »

It's an issue for 64-bit, like what GreenHouse said the alloc without the module name can get to far thus auto assembly jumps would translate to a very long jump that would exceed the normal 5 bytes jump. So the basic AA template generator would not anticipate the long jump.