[Help!] Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
hihofai
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

[Help!] Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2

Post by hihofai »

Hi!
Um, I would like some guidance on how to freeze timer in this Steam version of Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2.
So far, I have tried using [Unknown Value & Float] [In Between Values & Float] [Exact Values & Float] with Decrease, Increase & Unchanged.
Problem is, I still don't get it why I'm unable to find the address to freeze the time. I've been watching tutorial videos but none of them work.
So, may I ask, what am I missing or where did I do wrong? Any enlightenment would help much! Thanks!

sokenbitya
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [Help!] Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2

Post by sokenbitya »

You are searching for the wrong value type.
For this game, timers are managed as integers, not floats.

Share the ct file I was making. I'm not sure if it works in your environment, but I hope it helps you.

Mega Man Legacy Collection1
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1296

Mega Man Legacy Collection2
attachment
Attachments
MMLC2.CT
(10.01 KiB) Downloaded 1236 times

Jordo24
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Jordo24 »

sokenbitya wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:11 pm
You are searching for the wrong value type.
For this game, timers are managed as integers, not floats.

Share the ct file I was making. I'm not sure if it works in your environment, but I hope it helps you.

Mega Man Legacy Collection1
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1296

Mega Man Legacy Collection2
attachment
I tried your legacy collection 2 table for mega man 9 and it didnt work, are you still working on it?

Velg
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Velg »

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I also had a lot of trouble in finding those values, untill I finally succedeed for the Legacy Collection 1.

As a basic user of CE, I cannot make a table for other users than me atm [currently struggling with offsets & pointers].
BUT
I can share with you the method I used to find & freeze this troublesome time value.

As sokenbitya stated, the value is an integer, and to be more precise the type is "2 Byte". Start with "unknown initial value", wait a few seconds, and search for "increased value". Repeat until you get something like 10 or so adresses, then try to freeze them one by one and see what happens (the ones with proteus+adress or somethingDLL+adress did not work for me, only the simple, plain ones). You should be able to get the good adress by doing so. To ease the process you can also select "restart challenge" in the game menu after a few scans and then search for "decreased value" (and then re-do the whole thing again).

Regarding the legacy collection 2, the time wasn't an issue as you can breeze through most of the challenges and get gold only with infinite health, but I guess the method would be the same.

Last precisions about the Legacy Collection 1, concerning the value types (for heatlh) :
MM1 & MM2 : Byte
MM3-4-5 : Binary
MM6 : Double, find it using the exact same method as for the time value (note that the adress will change in Wily's Machine 6 fight and even a few level sections, but stay the same most of the time).

Hope this helps ! ^_^