Debugger stopped working after 7.0 update.

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
oLaudix
Cheater
Cheater

Debugger stopped working after 7.0 update.

Post by oLaudix »

Every time I tried to attach debugger to see what access the adresses I found after updating to 7.0 shows me 0 results. Unless I was really unlucky and those games had some good anti debugs (they were all Xbox game pass games) I don't think it is normal. Can anyone provide me with link to older version of the CE? The link for 6.8 from official website actually goes to 7.0 version.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Debugger stopped working after 7.0 update.

Post by TimFun13 »

You may need to change the debugger being used in the settings. But you should be able to find an older version at the CE github.
[Link]

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

I've been having the same issue in 7.0 and 7.1, mainly with Vehdebugger. It comes up with failed to initialize what vehdebuggeretcetc is or something along those lines.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Make sure it's not your AV or some other program, and see if it happens on other games aswell. You can also try an older version of CE. If it is just a bug in the newer version, make sure to report it on the CE github. But I've been using both and haven't had any problem, but it could be something with different hardware or the OS.

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:21 pm
Make sure it's not your AV or some other program, and see if it happens on other games aswell. You can also try an older version of CE. If it is just a bug in the newer version, make sure to report it on the CE github. But I've been using both and haven't had any problem, but it could be something with different hardware or the OS.
It works on some games but not on others. For example, I cannot attach any CE debugger to The Long Dark (Windows Store version) yet other people have no problems doing so. I've tried disabling my AV and no dice :| yet x64dbg works fine.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Rhark wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:26 pm

It works on some games but not on others. For example, I cannot attach any CE debugger to The Long Dark (Windows Store version) yet other people have no problems doing so. I've tried disabling my AV and no dice :| yet x64dbg works fine.
Try some different debuggers in the settings. It almost sounds like the game has something blocking it from attaching, but it's hard for me to say I've never played that game. And it looks like there are tables made for it, and I didn't see any mention of problems there with a quick scim. Have you tried an older version of CE (like 6.8.3)?

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:37 pm
Rhark wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:26 pm

Try some different debuggers in the settings. It almost sounds like the game has something blocking it from attaching, but it's hard for me to say I've never played that game. And it looks like there are tables made for it, and I didn't see any mention of problems there with a quick scim. Have you tried an older version of CE (like 6.8.3)?
Mhm I just downloaded 6.8.3 to test it and it still has the same problem. I know another game I am working with (MW2 Campaign Remastered) has an anti-debugger but usually it allows the attachment and force closes the game, but this won't even start VEH :p

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Rhark wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:42 pm
Mhm I just downloaded 6.8.3 to test it and it still has the same problem. I know another game I am working with (MW2 Campaign Remastered) has an anti-debugger but usually it allows the attachment and force closes the game, but this won't even start VEH :p
Try the other debuggers in the CE settings. If x64 debug works, one of them should work. Else you'll just have to use x64 debug.

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:22 am
Rhark wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:42 pm
Try the other debuggers in the CE settings. If x64 debug works, one of them should work. Else you'll just have to use x64 debug.
I tried kernelmode and it was able to attach but if i did something like a break and trace the game would permanently freeze and I'd literally have to restart my PC to close it (access denied in Details <- Task Manager)

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Rhark wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:08 am

I tried kernelmode and it was able to attach but if i did something like a break and trace the game would permanently freeze and I'd literally have to restart my PC to close it (access denied in Details <- Task Manager)
At this point best I can say is try in one of the table treads for the game, see if the table maker can help. Not having the game it's hard to say what the problem is.