unable to check version

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
cns00
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

unable to check version

Post by cns00 »

i was using cheat engine version 7.0 for quite some time and all was ok. few days ago it was ok. now when i ran it i got the error message "unable to check version (invalid content)". also clicking on check new version did nothing. i was downloading a game on steam during that time and the download was taking up most of my download speed. after that i cancelled the steam download and i uninstalled and reinstalled cheat engine and then i ran it again. this time i got no error message when i ran the program and clicking on check new version worked

why i got an error message the first time? was there a glitch in my installed version of cheat engine or was it an internet connection issue? the weird thing is that i again restarted the game download on steam and after that i ran cheat engine after i reinstalled and i didn't get the error message

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: unable to check version

Post by SunBeam »

[Link]

Learn some Lua; though what I'd say is ignore the error. And un-check the updates verification at CE startup:

Peace,
Sun

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: unable to check version

Post by Eric »

The site was down for a few minutes(scheduled maintenance, ups got replaced), and during that time cloudflare likely put up a message saying that the site itself is down so not their fault, which triggers the invalid content message