How to create header (or like that) to set a value and read in script

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
MaZy
Noobzor
Noobzor

How to create header (or like that) to set a value and read in script

Post by MaZy »

Hello, I saw sometimes in tables you had option to enter a value. This value was used in the auto assembler script
Example the image.
In the image where you have the group 1 you could enter the value and read by the parent script.

At the moment I need to open the script and change the value. It is annoying to adjust it all the time.

How can I make this? Or do I need lua for this?

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: How to create header (or like that) to set a value and read in script

Post by VampTY »

Could be that the script integrates a code to locate a specific pointer or address , adding the address to it and all offsets as well, then when you'll activate the script using a hotkey or just by clicking it, that will detect the pointer added in the script, activating it.That will show the real value of what that is meant to show and you can manually add the value you desire or by modifying the pointer into the hotkeys to do what you want.
A script like that can be made in multiple ways using lua or not, using own code, using simple aob functions etc

I know how to make them in different ways, easier or very complicated...one example, i could say easy, is this below, made by me...is by my standards considered to be easy:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10934

See, you create a script that will always show the value of the pointer added ...sorry, i'm bad at explaining...english is not my primary language.
Download that table for HELLBOUND and take a look in the scripts.

Your girl,
V.
Last edited by VampTY on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaZy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: How to create header (or like that) to set a value and read in script

Post by MaZy »

Thx, I found out. I needed to insert first registersymbol(NAME) after this I just needed to add new address and type "NAME" instead of address.
The value which I used in the script (auto assambler) will show there then and I can change it.