How to check in CE what is crashing the game?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
MartaLabieniec
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

How to check in CE what is crashing the game?

Post by MartaLabieniec »

Hello People.

I am trying to hack a game, racing game which is mobile and PC game - this game has SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer modes - I want to hack ONLY SinglePlayer mode but to even open this game, you must have all the time internet connection on, because this game is checking a lot of stats and other things like 8BALL game from MiniClip.

PLEASE DON'T CLOSE THIS POST BECAUSE THE GAME IS "ONLINE" - I don't want to hack in MP, I just want to win SinglePlayer Missions by changing the Car Stats - only this because game is hard.

So, where is my problem?

I found out that I can manually change the values of stats of the car - these stats are 100% client sided so I can change them but.. I found that sometimes I can reach the MAX level of Car Stats and sometimes I can reach the Level beyond the Limits! <-- but this is very rare because in 8/10 attempts the game is crashing - and I don't know why the game is crashing - Is it possible to check in CE what is making these crashes?

I also found that if I will be changing stats by 1 like these: 1,2,3,4,5 and so on - the game will not crash (the MAX level stats are 20 but using this method I reached the 70 level of stats which broke the limit of Stats!)
I found that if I will be changing stats by 5, then 15, then 30, and then 35, then 40, then 45 - the game will crash at 40 and sometimes on 50 Level
I found also when I will change stats to 5 and then to for example 30 or 50 - the game will crash.

So why the game is not crashing when I am changing stats 1 by 1, but the game is crashing when I want to speed up this proccess? Or what tools I can use to check what is making these crashes?

I will say also that all of these stats are always located in DYNAMIC memory addresses - they are never static, always dynamic and I am looking for them by using AOB pattern for search and then I am changing the BYTES in Memory Viewer.

So this is all what I want to ask.

If someone don't understand what I wrote, I can record a video about it.

Thanks for all your help.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: How to check in CE what is crashing the game?

Post by Eric »

Attach the debugger
then in memoryview->debug->break on unexpected exceptions tick always and play

When it encounters an exception (e.g crash) it will break. Then look at the code to figure out why it breaks

As for easons it breaks can be limitless. Might even be that the score is build up using a list of pointers and each point has a reference to the time the point was made and adding more than you have would cause undefined pointers and thus a crash

MartaLabieniec
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by MartaLabieniec »

Ok, thank you for your reply but.. I really don't know how to use it properly.. is there anywhere any tutorial about it or explanation with examples?

MartaLabieniec
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by MartaLabieniec »

So so so... sorry for BUMPing but if there is any tutorial how to use properly Debugger inside Memory Viewer in Cheat Engine?