How to dump Memory from whole Module in Cheat Engine?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
MartaLabieniec
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

How to dump Memory from whole Module in Cheat Engine?

Post by MartaLabieniec »

Hello.

Can anyone explain me how to dump Memory in HEX Bytes form from whole Module in Cheat Engine?

I know that you can open any proccess, go to memory viewer and then choose option named: View --> Memory Regions (CTRL+R) - and then you can see all memory regions from module that I attached CE for it. I want to dump whole memory in one file (all memory regions that you can see in Memory Regions tab) - I know that I can press Right Mouse Button on Memory Regions and choose SELECT ALL READABLE MEMORY and then I can choose SAVE SELECTED Regions but it will make a lot of files which I don't know how to MERGE THEM IN ONE FILE - so I want to ask - if is possible in CE to dump whole memory from Module and save it in one file?

Don't ask me why I need that, but I really need that for compare. Or tell me how to merge all these files to make a one big file.

I am waiting for your answers,

Marta.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: How to dump Memory from whole Module in Cheat Engine?

Post by SunBeam »

"Don't ask me why I need that, but I really need that for compare. Or tell me how to merge all these files to make a one big file."

You usually compare file A with file B, making sure first they have the same size and contain same memory, at different moments in time. If you really want to obtain good results from your comparison. That's how this works. Else, if you're randomly comparing files, you won't get far. You cannot save a wider range because NOT all of the memory is READABLE. There are gaps between your start address and end address and CE won't just.. skip.. where it can't read.. That's now how this works.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

merging files back into a single one (if no headers are used) open a command prompt and type
copy /B file1+file2+file3 finalfile

You can also look at the memory regions view, find the start address, and find the last address, and then go to memview->file save region and input that range

and there's always lua

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

Why not use [Link] with a parameter like '-ma''?

MartaLabieniec
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by MartaLabieniec »

I used procdump to make two dmp files but when I used FLEXHEX tool to compare these two files , the FLEXHEX tool is crashing.. I think these files are too big to compare them with this tool. What tool can I use to compare these two files in HEX Bytes?