Cheat Engine takes Over 1GB of Memory.

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
CaesarCzech
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Cheat Engine takes Over 1GB of Memory.

Post by CaesarCzech »

So i noticed that cheat engine takes massive ammount of memory, i dont know since when, i tried uninstaling and then instaling 6.81. but it didnt fix it. cheat engine has normal memory requirements but once i attach table to the game it explodes. and 1,2 GB is significant hog. Previously i remember it taking around 300-400MB depending on game which was managable but this is quite excesive, and it repeats for every table meaning that if i want to run two different tables on the same game i effectively cant.

Any ideas for solution ?

I dont need even to attach table merely attach cheat engine to process so i dont know what is going on.

JohnFK
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Cheat Engine takes Over 1GB of Memory.

Post by JohnFK »

Does the game has symbol file (pdb) ? Some games like ARK have them and causes CE to load them all in memory which can eat up several hundreds of MB. Another reason can be scans with massive amount of results, although CE stores them on disk there is probably lots of overheat when displaying them.

koderkrazy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by koderkrazy »

@CaesarCzech What game are you attaching CE to?

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

Depending on the game that is normal. On small games it will stay low, but big games with extra symbols it can grow to 1 to 2 GB yes

Also, if 1GB is too much for you, imagine what an unknown initial value scan will do. It will make a copy of the game's memory inside CE. so if the game is 8GB, then CE will be 9GB