AOB scan help

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: AOB scan help

Post by LocoMofo »

thank you guys

LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LocoMofo »

Thx again but there is one problem...
it just freezes the amount of resources and cores instead of changing to 70000.
what did I do wrong?

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

Under code/infCores, the compared values are hexadecimal. Is that intentional?

LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LocoMofo »

oh they are int I guess thanks ill check again

LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LocoMofo »

Well it only uses the 0... when I put it up in the code: section it changes all values to 24 and when itsin cash: it changes all to 50000.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Hey,

Was curious, the game you want is Defense Grid: The Awakening, or the other one you shared the table for?Also share the info for the game's version as well, since i don't own any of them, i'll download later some version.

In any case, doing a cmp, can be done in so many ways, for a float it doesn't matter if is compared with a float, it can be a to a integer or to a byte or to whatever you can find, depends what you add in it, or to a double (you need to calculate it), you can even split the code, split the values, or have the aob address as a base (if the code is shared) and add pointers to it (those you want) etc

I might add, this is from some code (from some of my tables)..let's pretend the code was:

Code: Select all

newmem:
code:
  cmp dword ptr [ecx+150],00
  jmp return
return:
Well, you'll remove "code:", no need for it, add all in "newmem"

Code: Select all

newmem:
  cmp [ecx+3be],9
  jne short @f
  mov [ecx+150],5f5e0ff
  @@:
  cmp dword ptr [ecx+150],00
  jmp return
return:
Also making a cmp, it doesn't matter if is higher or lower that the other group(s) you want to compare, it matters that your value(let's say you have 10 compares, 5 of yours, 5 different, your values all have to be on the same value number [like 0 or 1 or whatever], the others different 5 should be the same or not, you can even use jumpers).
If you have more addresses for the value you want to make a cmp for, in one aob address you can make a cmp for a thing [resources], other aob address with a different cmp, for another thing [cores], know what i mean!?

EDIT: I've watched on youtube, strategy/defense thingy, not the type of games i like playing :( , in any case, i hope you can understand and figure it out! :) :wub:
:P

LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LocoMofo »

yeah the game is Defense Grid: the awakening. and sorry I dont know where to find the version but I know its the latest EGS version. Ill read it now and try to understand:) thank you

LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LocoMofo »

Yeah I get it, but what I dont get is why my table doesnt work. I never did this I just know a bit of programming and found this stuff interesting...
The furthest I got is this simple stuff like the table(first post here) and this one I
Attachments
Overcooked2[EPIC}.CT
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Messy6666
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Messy6666 »

^
hey there
a late reply as i don't have much time.
Good thing to see most of your questions are answered already by this community.

any more input i can give is:

- don't comment out the movss [eax+14],xmm0 because the routine is used to write more things not only money/cores
- your offset of [eax+03A4] is maybe a bit high? it's possible it's not part of the structure used...
- CE defaults to hexadecimal so thats why i used #13, since any value of 9 or below is the same you don't have to use that then

i did uninstall that game asap... and i am not gonna reinstall it again just to help
the 1 thing i could recommend todo is ( because i do it myself as things don't work the way you expect it )
debug your own code by setting a breakpoint and step through it.

Keep it going and don't give up, GL

LocoMofo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LocoMofo »

Hello again,
first I wanted to thank all of you who helped me understand this procedure. Today I made a version for this game where I can change both values(cores&resources) individually, thanks to you guys. :D
secondly, I wanted to ask how I can save the previous dissected structure so I can compare it to the new one.

edit: I figured out how to save dissected structures:)