Problems with AOB

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Lucas20201
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Problems with AOB

Post by Lucas20201 »

I do not know if it is normal, but when I try to create an AOB putting ?? in the places that changed, when I put it to search for this AOB, it worked 2 times in the third onwards the scan didn’t find the value I was looking for anymore, I’m probably doing something wrong, I saw a video that the person reaches the value he wants, put it to browse this memory region copy the first 4 lines and put it in a notepad, he does the same thing again, after closing the game and starting the game, then he compares the 2 AOB and puts it ?? where it changed, and put it to research and he finds the value he wanted, and the video ends.
I already got an AOB to work in two versions of the game but the most recent it didn't work, it may be because of the mods (but it wouldn't make sense since they only add new weapons and not a new value for ammunition)
Maybe a video how to do and what to do after getting a functional AOB can help me, or some program or plugin that can also help

fantomas
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Problems with AOB

Post by fantomas »

Hi
Sometimes in order for AOBScan to have a matching, you need to make some in-game action before. OTOH, the code may change after a big game update and therefore your array of bytes may not be unique.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I somehow feel he's dealing with Unity.. or he's scanning aobs for dynamic memory, not executable code. Otherwise he wouldn't say "could find them 2 times, but not anymore". I hope game hasn't updated in the meantime. Other than that, an example would help us see your problem.

Lucas20201
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Lucas20201 »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:53 pm
I somehow feel he's dealing with Unity..
Yeah, is Unity
I hope game hasn't updated in the meantime.
I have the pirated game, idk if this will be a problem, but I think no

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Unity Engine works with "just in time" compiling (JIT). Meaning as long as the game doesn't use a certain function, engine will not compile it for use. CE can do that for your by auto-forcing it to get assembled. But even so, either when the Engine does it or CE does it, the assembled result may often not have the same form or bytes. Which means your AOB will fail. What I mean by "just in time" - e.g.: You start some map and you haven't killed an enemy so far. The AI_DoDamage function (let's assume this is what it's called) will stay in its IL form, not compiled. As soon as you kill an enemy, Engine JITs the function and executes it. At that point in time, your AOB will work. Of course, assuming it's always assembled identically (the ASM is always the same).

It doesn't matter if it's the official or pirate game. Your issue is how Unity works and understanding that.