Question regarding replacing assembler instructions

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
nakte
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Question regarding replacing assembler instructions

Post by nakte »

Hello, I haven't used CE before so I don't know if this is the right place to ask and or if what im trying to achieve is possible:
I want to prevent the game from updating the Target Z float, which controls the Z-coordinate that the camera is looking at. So It turns out that the movaps instruction on the left is writing to it so I tried setting it to NOP. But it also seems to write to Target X, Y and some other address since movaps apparently writes to 128 bits(or 4 floats i assume). Is there any way to only prevent the game from writing to Target Z by somehow splitting up the movaps instruction to 3 or 4 other instructions that only write to 1 float each, and then setting ONLY the instruction writing to Target Z to NOP?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Question regarding replacing assembler instructions

Post by Eric »

Do a code injection:
Before executing that code store the old Z, then execute, and then restore Target Z with the old value

nakte
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by nakte »

thanks, sorry for late response, I tried this but it caused the game to crash. The value might be used in some other computation that resulted in this but ye I gave up. thanks though : )

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by GreenHouse »

Can't you make a cmp? I mean, the Z offset will always be the same, so you have already a difference there to begin with. Make a cmp, and do nop If it's the Z axis.