Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

Post by Eternallydissolved »

SuperPants wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:24 pm
Hi, I am trying to edit armor.am_dat file with the MHW Editor Suite program on github but the program always crashes when loading the file. I do not get this problem with other files like lbg.wp_dat_g. does anyone know the reason why?
Using the editor suite, you need to go the the menu in the top left hand corner, and open the chunk directory first (you will have a chunk directory if you have used the world chunk tool to extract the game files from the chunk0-chunk3.bin. Then you open the mod directory and if you wish to mod the current armor file you are using, go into your chunk directory and rename the original unedited file; i generally just add to the file name like armor.am_dat.original or something along those lines. then paste a copy of the current armor file into the chunk directory in common/equip and then open it from the chunk directory. The suite will save all changes into the mod directory leaving the file you placed in chunk unaltered. it improves mod workflow significantly. now as to why it crashes when you load the file from the mod directory; this is because this suite is also pulling from other armor related files allowing you to change things like crafting requirements. when it loads the armor file, if the other files are not present in that directory to pull the info from; the editor throws an exception and crashes.

SuperPants
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by SuperPants »

Eternallydissolved wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:37 am
SuperPants wrote:
Hi, I am trying to edit armor.am_dat file with the MHW Editor Suite program on github but the program always crashes when loading the file. I do not get this problem with other files like lbg.wp_dat_g. does anyone know the reason why?
Using the editor suite, you need to go the the menu in the top left hand corner, and open the chunk directory first (you will have a chunk directory if you have used the world chunk tool to extract the game files from the chunk0-chunk3.bin. Then you open the mod directory and if you wish to mod the current armor file you are using, go into your chunk directory and rename the original unedited file; i generally just add to the file name like armor.am_dat.original or something along those lines. then paste a copy of the current armor file into the chunk directory in common/equip and then open it from the chunk directory. The suite will save all changes into the mod directory leaving the file you placed in chunk unaltered. it improves mod workflow significantly. now as to why it crashes when you load the file from the mod directory; this is because this suite is also pulling from other armor related files allowing you to change things like crafting requirements. when it loads the armor file, if the other files are not present in that directory to pull the info from; the editor throws an exception and crashes.
Thanks for the reply but the editor crashes even when loading from the chunk directory

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Eternallydissolved »

SuperPants wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 pm
Eternallydissolved wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:37 am
SuperPants wrote:
Thanks for the reply but the editor crashes even when loading from the chunk directory
here is what i am going to do then; i want you to post the pieces of equipment you want modded and the stats you want per piece ie 320 defense and 20 resistance to all elements and the skills and or set bonuses you want set and maxed(this can be done via personal message if you prefer). I can change the skills directly in the armor pieces and even the set bonuses so if you want a xeno jiiva armor piece with vaal hazak vitality for the set bonus it can be done. just bear in mind that you cannot have more than 32 active effects and armor skills like attack boost which boosts base attack and affinity at higher levels count as 1 effect even though it alters 2 different stats, same for set bonuses as the odogaron and lunastra set bonuses count as 1 effect, but give multiple effects.

Acesquadron72
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Acesquadron72 »

Can i use this online? and retain the bonuses this mod provides?
Edit: Just noticed that it doesnt work anymore.

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

Acesquadron72 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am
Can i use this online? and retain the bonuses this mod provides?
Edit: Just noticed that it doesnt work anymore.
Which are you trying to use? And I would not recommend you even try to play with others while using things that mod armor or decorations; there's the ethical argument, sure, but we don't know if Capcom is flagging this stuff to remove in a future update or not.

Depleted
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Depleted »

I've joined a friend and played with mods, modded weapons work, modded gear/skills work, and modded decos work. I wouldn't advise doing it regularly or if joining randoms because of the stats page at the end of the hunt.
But mind you i was using a LBG and he a HH and I had broken every part of the monster and I did 75% of the damage.

I'm rather sad to see that OP hasn't updated his main post and his mods, and no one has made the same changes to the new armour file and uploaded it as their own mod, so im playing with the old files which have bugged names and descriptions for a lot of the gear, one side effect of using the old file is the new halloween layered armour doesnt even display in the customisation menu but that's no prob since my hunter is female and the female layered armour is dog shit.

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

Depleted wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:24 pm
I've joined a friend and played with mods, modded weapons work, modded gear/skills work, and modded decos work. I wouldn't advise doing it regularly or if joining randoms because of the stats page at the end of the hunt.
But mind you i was using a LBG and he a HH and I had broken every part of the monster and I did 75% of the damage.

I'm rather sad to see that OP hasn't updated his main post and his mods, and no one has made the same changes to the new armour file and uploaded it as their own mod, so im playing with the old files which have bugged names and descriptions for a lot of the gear, one side effect of using the old file is the new halloween layered armour doesnt even display in the customisation menu but that's no prob since my hunter is female and the female layered armour is dog shit.
The reason for warning people off of taking modded stats online is that "what if". What if Capcom decides to crack down and you've been flagged? It'd just be safer if you avoid taking these things online. We know that a lot of them work, but if you do, don't complain if Capcom decides to ban the accounts they flagged.

Of course, they could be doing absolutely nothing. No real way to know.

It's kinda sad that he hasn't come back, but you can make the edits yourself. The armor editor was linked to a few pages back, so give that a try. Just edit the ones you want or be a cool guy and edit all them; I'll warn you now that it's a lengthy process.

Depleted
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Depleted »

Shirokaido wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm
The reason for warning people off of taking modded stats online is that "what if". What if Capcom decides to crack down and you've been flagged? It'd just be safer if you avoid taking these things online. We know that a lot of them work, but if you do, don't complain if Capcom decides to ban the accounts they flagged.

It's kinda sad that he hasn't come back, but you can make the edits yourself. The armor editor was linked to a few pages back, so give that a try. Just edit the ones you want or be a cool guy and edit all them; I'll warn you now that it's a lengthy process.
Are you illiterate to some degree or have some mental malfunction?
I was making a statement about how mods work, I said I joined a friends game and I even suggested that modders avoid playing with randoms.
/facedesk

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Depleted wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:24 pm
...I've joined a friend and played with mods...
Depleted wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:41 am
Shirokaido wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Are you illiterate to some degree or have some mental malfunction?
I was making a statement about how mods work, I said I joined a friends game and I even suggested that modders avoid playing with randoms.
/facedesk
No you literally said that you "joined a friend and played with mods", then call the other user "illiterate" when warned about going online with mods; then you report their post, with one word "moron". Why, is your reading comprehension or attention span that bad; that you actually think you didn't say you played online with mods?

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 am
Wait.... he reported my post?! My post amounted to "that's cool, but be aware that bad things can happen". And I wasn't even coming after him? I even made a point to say Capcom might not even care. Yowza... Thanks for the defense, though. That's kinda shitty of him.

On topic, here's the link to the editor suite (if I'm not supposed to link out, just lmk):
[Link]
Just note that, as it's still in alpha, you may run into some issues with the tool.
Additionally, you don't even have to extract the entire chunk anymore; someone uploaded a partial chunk extractor over on Nexus mods. I haven't tried it yet, but since we've got an update coming in next week, I figured I'd make folks aware.

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

I really like these mods but would anyone happen to have a version of modded decorations two that doesn't alter the resistor jewel? I was fond of it, and used it against blights a lot.

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

Been trying out the editor, and I fixed the armor mod. However, it was kinda tedious so I only did the alpha and gamma sets. Also, I never liked the beta sets because they for the most part looked uglier and if any colors were off I would just change them. The problem was the fact chunk zero was used. Just as mentioned previously in the thread by others. You need to use chunk three. Otherwise, weird things happen.

So, they have three gem slots. At level three. Their skills are maxed as well. I tested it myself, and no problems or weird glitches occurred. The problems with the UI are gone.

Another thing is that I couldn't figure out how to do charms or weapons. So, you are going to have figure that out yourself.
common.7z
(10.48 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Just put it in your NativePC folder in the game directory.
Last edited by Deviljho on Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

And noticed a crash with the Legiana vambrace. I fixed this by replacing evade window with jumping master. No idea why evade master caused it to crash. It worked fine on the mail. Not like you need more than one instance of evade window anyway since I maxed it out on the mail.

soulkey
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by soulkey »

Deviljho wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 am
Been trying out the editor, and I fixed the armor mod. However, it was kinda tedious so I only did the alpha and gamma sets. Also, I never liked the beta sets because they for the most part looked uglier and if any colors were off I would just change them. The problem was the fact chunk zero was used. Just as mentioned previously in the thread by others. You need to use chunk three. Otherwise, weird things happen.

So, they have three gem slots. At level three. Their skills are maxed as well. I tested it myself, and no problems or weird glitches occurred. The problems with the UI are gone.

Another thing is that I couldn't figure out how to do charms or weapons. So, you are going to have figure that out yourself.

common.7z

Can you modify the set skills to the maximum? I tried to do it myself, but the editor gets a crash in my system.

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

soulkey wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:55 pm
Deviljho wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 am

common.7z

Can you modify the set skills to the maximum? I tried to do it myself, but the editor gets a crash in my system.
You max those out anyway if you have enough pieces of the set. Unless you like to use separate sets together. In which case... I can try? Not sure if it would work on mine either. If yours crashed. Which version did you use? 1.2?