Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
ZRagon
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

Post by ZRagon »

Hopefully we can get update soon

crashes with Armor mod...

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

Attached is a request for toshlynx since I can't send attachments on PMs (or I'm just too blind to find how it's done?)

Again, if anyone is looking to get a request in while Idlehands88 is away, just PM me.
Attachments
armor.zip
(19.69 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Eternallydissolved »

ZRagon wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:06 pm

The armor file has changed, the one which will not crash the game is located in chunk3.bin and has been modded for a requested armor and uploaded in the post above this. you will likely need to use the armor editor located at [Link] to edit the armor your using to your preferences. If your using my info to mod the skill data from the other thread, that older file will crash the game without fail and i have uploaded an unmodded replacement file in the other thread. for me the old armor file did not crash the game, but it was buggy so i replaced and remodded the new file for the armor set i am using. I have not uploaded the armor file here however as it can be a bit time consuming to mod the entire file, even with the armor editor.

RichardZH
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by RichardZH »

Eternallydissolved wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:05 pm
ZRagon wrote:

The armor file has changed, the one which will not crash the game is located in chunk3.bin and has been modded for a requested armor and uploaded in the post above this. you will likely need to use the armor editor located at [Link] to edit the armor your using to your preferences. If your using my info to mod the skill data from the other thread, that older file will crash the game without fail and i have uploaded an unmodded replacement file in the other thread. for me the old armor file did not crash the game, but it was buggy so i replaced and remodded the new file for the armor set i am using. I have not uploaded the armor file here however as it can be a bit time consuming to mod the entire file, even with the armor editor.
yeah I download editor and changed some armor skill, it worked just fine.but it appeared do not have Drachen Alpha Armor Set and Set Bonus: Soul of the Dragoon(both from Behemoth Armor).

RichardZH
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by RichardZH »

Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:05 pm
ZRagon wrote:

oh I found it,just unnamed.

ZRagon
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ZRagon »

RichardZH wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:42 am
yeah I download editor and changed some armor skill, it worked just fine.but it appeared do not have Drachen Alpha Armor Set and Set Bonus: Soul of the Dragoon(both from Behemoth Armor).

Wait, u have BEHEMOTH armor equipped? How's that possible for PC?

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

ZRagon wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:15 am
RichardZH wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:42 am

The models are not in the game yet, but the armor and the skills are in the game at this point.

Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Envy »

ZRagon wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:15 am
Lunastra weapons etc are in the files from start of pc release but they aren't craftable atm without mods

Depleted
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Depleted »

For any of you playing with the armour editor to fix your armour mods since OP isn't updating anything, here's a lil something i found out.

If you mod gear, armour can have gem slots changed, main stats changed, set skills maxed, you can even add on second/third skills to armour, however if you mod charms you can't add a third skill as it crashes the game whenever you open the menu or try to change equip or decos, you can add 3 t3 gem slots to charms too.

If you've used the modded decos mod you need to delete it as the "one deco to max out skill" has bugged the file with the new game revision, with the mod deleted you can max out skills in your armour using the editor and you will not exp a crash as a result, however if you do use the deco mod you can't max out skills in armour and must leave them at their base value which is usually 1, in some cases it's 2 (blist resistance, focus etc) as your game will crash. Idk why it crashes but my best guess is the game detects you have two stacks of a skill and I guess it's like diving by zero, so avoid that to save your sanity.

Hope this helps anyone getting frustrated with crashes while modding your gear.

I've set armour defence to 256 a piece with 120 all resistances, bumped up all armour skills to max, adjusted the 5 set pieces i use to max out the set bonuses, and i've stuck 3 t3 gem slots on everything too.

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

Depleted wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am
If you've used the modded decos mod you need to delete it as the "one deco to max out skill" has bugged the file with the new game revision, with the mod deleted you can max out skills in your armour using the editor and you will not exp a crash as a result, however if you do use the deco mod you can't max out skills in armour and must leave them at their base value which is usually 1, in some cases it's 2 (blist resistance, focus etc) as your game will crash. Idk why it crashes but my best guess is the game detects you have two stacks of a skill and I guess it's like diving by zero, so avoid that to save your sanity.
Not sure that this is true across the board. I'm still using the old deco mod and I haven't experienced a crash. At this time, the only mod I've bothered to update is the armor mod, and I use several; haven't had a single crash.

Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Envy »

I'm using the old one aswell and i got no crashes. With the skills on the charms i have the experience that more than 2 skills are possible without crashes. You just don't see them on the charm but in your skill overview you will see them. I don't think capcom changed it with the latest version.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Envy wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:25 pm
I'm using the old one aswell and i got no crashes. With the skills on the charms i have the experience that more than 2 skills are possible without crashes. You just don't see them on the charm but in your skill overview you will see them. I don't think capcom changed it with the latest version.
If i may ask your assistance with something, i have found several purported parameter files in common/pl including player, player item, player skill and askill(mantles) files as well as color parameters for equipment. I just cannot make heads nor tails out of the data structure and im wondering if perhaps it is encrypted. If you could tell me what you think and give me an opinion on it, it would be appreciated as i feel like that might be where the amount of slinger ammo picked up from the ground, or drops, as well as the skills limit for armor, poison tick damage, and mantle duration are located among god know what else.

Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Envy »

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:38 am
Envy wrote:
If i may ask your assistance with something, i have found several purported parameter files in common/pl including player, player item, player skill and askill(mantles) files as well as color parameters for equipment. I just cannot make heads nor tails out of the data structure and im wondering if perhaps it is encrypted. If you could tell me what you think and give me an opinion on it, it would be appreciated as i feel like that might be where the amount of slinger ammo picked up from the ground, or drops, as well as the skills limit for armor, poison tick damage, and mantle duration are located among god know what else.
i already looked for that files but they seem to be encrypted. i tried it with a hex editor aswell with notepad++ but both only shows rubbish or code lines that don't give a hint whats hidden there. but i guess these files are for buffs etc. and maybe drops and simple mechanics but i have no clue how to mod these files.

Edit: the equip_scolor file has a byte length of around ~43 but i'm not sure which column changes what etc

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Envy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:35 am
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:38 am
Envy wrote:
i already looked for that files but they seem to be encrypted. i tried it with a hex editor aswell with notepad++ but both only shows rubbish or code lines that don't give a hint whats hidden there. but i guess these files are for buffs etc. and maybe drops and simple mechanics but i have no clue how to mod these files.

Edit: the equip_scolor file has a byte length of around ~43 but i'm not sure which column changes what etc
Based on the naming scheme alone i have a reasonably good idea as to what they control. Player, more than likely controls basic movement, ect including movement speed for player character. Player skills would govern likely the skills limit as well as certain skills, the ones with the screwy programing scheme not governed by only the skills data file i found. Player items likely governs the values added by certain items like stamina added by dash juice, as well as the duration of buffs provided by said items. and askill.param will govern the parameters and skill allocations which govern the specialized tools including duration, cooldown ect.

SuperPants
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by SuperPants »

Hi, I am trying to edit armor.am_dat file with the MHW Editor Suite program on github but the program always crashes when loading the file. I do not get this problem with other files like lbg.wp_dat_g. does anyone know the reason why?