Judgment Alt-tab pausing

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
MARCUS_J
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Judgment Alt-tab pausing

Post by MARCUS_J »

I have been trying all evening to make the game not pause when alt-tabbing.
I can do simple things with cheatengine but this is out of my league. I just can't seem to figure it out.
I can find these in memory.
- DefWindowProcA / DefWindowProcW
- CallWindowProcA / CallWindowProcW
Other than that I am stuck.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help

neroxros
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Judgment Alt-tab pausing

Post by neroxros »

Have you tried doing a simple value search? In my experience, game pause is usually a 4byte that is 1 when the game is paused, and 0 when unpaused. Sometimes the opposite is true, the pause could be 0 and unapause is 1.

Noire Blackheart
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Noire Blackheart »

You could use special k and turn on borderless + continue rending, sorry if mentioning it is not allowed here but its what i use to stop games force pausing on alt tab.

MARCUS_J
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MARCUS_J »

Noire Blackheart wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:24 pm
You could use special k and turn on borderless + continue rending, sorry if mentioning it is not allowed here but its what i use to stop games force pausing on alt tab.
This worked perfectly thanks a lot! Very nice find now I can use it in more games. I didn't play the yakuza games because of not being able to pause.
neroxros wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:14 am
Have you tried doing a simple value search? In my experience, game pause is usually a 4byte that is 1 when the game is paused, and 0 when unpaused. Sometimes the opposite is true, the pause could be 0 and unapause is 1.
Nice to know for the future, Ill try next time.