Help trying to crack stat caps in Mugen Souls Z

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
izayoixx
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Help trying to crack stat caps in Mugen Souls Z

Post by izayoixx »

Okay so I have been successful in finding one stat cap in an older game, however for mugen souls it seems to be much harder. I am only interested in finding the HP cap for this game but it seems very hard since the "max HP" address in the game is different from the max HP you see on screen. I did try searching for that visual value and got like 8 addresses with a bunch of instructions accessing them every second and just got lost.

The normal cap is 99,999,999 and if you set your max HP to be greater than it, the value stays (so I can't find what writes to it since nothing is resetting it back to 99,999,999) but the max HP value ingame remains capped at 99,999,999 and functions like so. I have tried an assembly scan with a search of "* *,05F5E0FF" in order to find any opcode that puts the cap on anything and found a bunch of results with mostly mov, and 3 instances of cmp. I have then tried to change every single code that has 05F5E0FF to my custom cap but my stats ingame still remain capped at 99,999,999.

Can anyone who messed with this game or people who are experienced with finding stat caps point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Edit: I have done it in a very very easy way without relying on scripting. So basically I just opened up the .exe using cheat engine and searched for the stat caps, edited it, and saved. Worked flawlessly and I did it in like 2 mins. May apply to other games too!