bValues in unreal engine games.

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
SUPERNOVA9
Noobzor
Noobzor

bValues in unreal engine games.

Post by SUPERNOVA9 »

Why do some bValues equal to 135 or 160 etc?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: bValues in unreal engine games.

Post by SunBeam »

Because they are not Booleans in the real sense of the word. They are BoolProperty-es. Meaning also LOGICAL OPERATIONS. And you should display your data as hexadecimal, not decimal. If you're expecting 0/1 toggles from your picture, that's not gonna happen.

SUPERNOVA9
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SUPERNOVA9 »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:23 pm
Because they are not Booleans in the real sense of the word. They are BoolProperty-es. Meaning also LOGICAL OPERATIONS. And you should display your data as hexadecimal, not decimal. If you're expecting 0/1 toggles from your picture, that's not gonna happen.
Thanks for your reply. Is there a way to identify what values do what in bool properties? Do i need to go thru each number, one by one and see if it results in any changes in the game?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Property objects in Unreal Engine indicate at which offset in a contextual UObject you will find said Boolean value you want to toggle. See the Property as a memory block, a structure, with members. Somewhere in that block is the offset you want for the contextual Object and the flag to toggle it by.

Example:

BoolProperty Engine.Actor.bCanBeDamaged -> address: 244500FC0

244500FC0:
+00: vtable pointer
+10:
+20:
+30: 000000000015F0
+40: 00000000000002

So the offset to look for bCanBeDamaged BoolProperty in an Actor instance (the contextual Object) is 15F0. At that offset you will see a value which, if toggled by 0x2, will become ON. If toggled again by same value, will become OFF.

Toggling on, in UE language, means OR(addr,val). Toggling off means AND(addr,NOT(val)).

That's how it works.

SUPERNOVA9
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SUPERNOVA9 »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:36 pm
Property objects in Unreal Engine indicate at which offset in a contextual UObject you will find said Boolean value you want to toggle. See the Property as a memory block, a structure, with members. Somewhere in that block is the offset you want for the contextual Object and the flag to toggle it by.

Example:

244500FC0:
+10:
+20:

So the offset to look for bCanBeDamaged BoolProperty in an Actor instance (the contextual Object) is 15F0. At that offset you will see a value which, if toggled by 0x2, will become ON. If toggled again by same value, will become OFF.

Toggling on, in UE language, means OR(addr,val). Toggling off means AND(addr,NOT(val)).

That's how it works.
So if im not mistaken:
find a boolproperty >> copy the address of it and write down its offset >> dissect the address that you written down >> go to the offset that you written down >> write down the value thats there >> go back to the original object where you found the boolproperty >> go to the offset >> toggle it by the value that you written down. All in HEX.

SUPERNOVA9
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SUPERNOVA9 »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:36 pm

Example:

244500FC0:
+10:
+20:

That's how it works.
I think i get it now, you need to look around the boolproperty when dissecting it, and find values and test them out. Thanks for your help, if im wrong correct me please.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

You are correct, keep at it. Don't know what's your game and the UE version. Is it UE3, UE4?.. If UE4, which version - 4.22, 4.25, 4.27?

SUPERNOVA9
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SUPERNOVA9 »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:49 pm
You are correct, keep at it. Don't know what's your game and the UE version. Is it UE3, UE4?.. If UE4, which version - 4.22, 4.25, 4.27?
Its ue4, how do i check the exact version?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Right click the main exe and post a picture here. If it's an online game, I stop here. Am not supporting or having any desire to talk about any kind of MP.

And the picture you posted.. comes from where? Cake-san's UE4 table?

SUPERNOVA9
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SUPERNOVA9 »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:04 pm
Right click the main exe and post a picture here. If it's an online game, I stop here. Am not supporting or having any desire to talk about any kind of MP.
OK. ill get back to you in a couple of hrs, i have some work to do. Whats MP? Yes it comes from the cakesans ue4 dumper

SUPERNOVA9
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SUPERNOVA9 »

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:04 pm

And the picture you posted.. comes from where? Cake-san's UE4 table?
Ok i think the version is 4.24.3. I found it next to the file description in file properties. Why are you asking about the table that i use? Is there something wrong with it?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

MP means multi-player. I am asking because it's the only public table displaying the information like in your picture (especially since you're using the dissect window; which a lot of people don't even know about).

You still haven't said which game is it.

SUPERNOVA9
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SUPERNOVA9 »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:58 am
MP means multi-player. I am asking because it's the only public table displaying the information like in your picture (especially since you're using the dissect window; which a lot of people don't even know about).

You still haven't said which game is it.
Its foxhole a multiplayer game.