WD2 and WDL: Need Help Locating Undocumented Functions

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
FearlessCheater1247
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

WD2 and WDL: Need Help Locating Undocumented Functions

Post by FearlessCheater1247 »

Hello everyone. I need your help.

I'm trying to get the Lua functions used in both WD2 and WDL. I know that I can just get a dump of the names, but I require more. I require the actual types used as parameters as well. This is to better a wiki that has not documented many of them.

I have acquired the more sensitive files with .PDB files included. ATM I am trying to find out, through IDA, the names of the functions. If this is a bad practice, please let me know.

What I need help from the community is the following:

1) What file to look at in IDA to discover the data types used in the Lua functions of the games
2) If there is an easier way of doing this, please let me know
3) A way to dump the Lua functions (w/ parameters included)
4) What files I should be looking in. I'm focusing on DuniaDemo_rt64.dll ATM.
5) Any other advice you could give me.

This is to better the WD2 and WDL modding scene by offering a more comprehensive documentation of the various Lua functions available in the game. It would benefit the community as a whole, and I would very much like to succeed in this endeavor, so I need the community's help.

You can link me topics already discussed if need be. I don't mind reading, but please keep your explanations simple as I'm still new to RE. I have decent knowledge of CE though.

Cas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: WD2 and WDL: Need Help Locating Undocumented Functions

Post by Cas »

What is wd2 and wdl

FearlessCheater1247
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: WD2 and WDL: Need Help Locating Undocumented Functions

Post by FearlessCheater1247 »

WD2 = Watch Dogs 2
WDL = Watch Dogs Legion

Apologies. Thought that abbreviation would be implied.

I see there is information on WDL, but I'm not sure if it would pertain to my situation. Basically, I need a better, straightforward explanation, is what I'm mainly asking.

I have the tools required (IDA Pro, sensitive dev files, etc.). All I need to know is how to access the Lua game functions so I can explore them further and contribute to the wiki.

I explored the DuniaDemo_rt64.dll and found traces of class functions for the game. I require the Lua-specific game functions though. How would I find them? I'm new to RE.