I'm a noob and need help finding an encrypted value (currency)

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
JJS44
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

I'm a noob and need help finding an encrypted value (currency)

Post by JJS44 »

I've been trying to find iou value(currency) in squally for over a few hours now, I am a beginner to CE. I was able to find the value and change it through game saves in hex edit, but I want to be able to find it through CE whilst games running so I learn better knowledge incase I run into this issue on any other game. I have tried a couple methods to try and locate the address that holds the iou currency value but unfortunately have 0 luck no addresses found except 2 strings. when I check memory view and search iou in string text I get 5 results through memory view and none of those hold the current value in game, which is why I believe this is encrypted. The only thing I barely tried was the changed/unchanged scanning method, but I run into another issue. when I do this method I get way to many results typically 1.7k results even when I keep scanning it hardly goes down by 30 to 50 each scan, and if I freeze a few of those addresses my game crashes when purchasing an item in game so I'm at a lost how to find the right address because that would take a very long time to find with so many results. Can anyone help me out?

RocKit
Cheater
Cheater

Re: I'm a noob and need help finding an encrypted value (currency)

Post by RocKit »

If you still are searching, I can maybe take a look at your scan via Discord or so. There should be a way to find the variable in cheat engine. You have to take in consideration that the main value might negated or divided by some random value and then stored in the memory.