Free camera for Kuro no Kiseki CLE

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
DhaosCollider
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Free camera for Kuro no Kiseki CLE

Post by DhaosCollider »

I created a table too.
It's a Free Camera that doesn't do math.
And some scripts/pointers.
Like the OP, operation was confirmed with the translated version.
ed9.CT
(60.55 KiB) Downloaded 368 times

misterwashimashi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by misterwashimashi »

amorrow28 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:01 pm
misterwashimashi wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:33 am
I followed steps 1 to 2, but the camera coordinates are not showing any values, just "??". I can't check its sub boxes either. Probably the reason why the camera is just stuck after I press 0 and unable to move even if I press the numpad buttons.

EDIT: Nvm I got it to work haha thanks man, I just need to start a new game so CE can recognize the coordinates. When I first tested I just loaded the save file on the final dungeon which is probably why CE can't recognize it at first. Another problem though, the FPS gets very low when I enter free camera mode, the beta version 1 is a bit smoother.
I posted a new version, see if it fixes your FPS problems! I'm also not sure why you couldn't just load it in the final dungeon, it should load anywhere that the character can move around freely. (I don't know this for a fact though, since I haven't played this game at all. I've just spent 33 hours in front of Van's office in the first minute of the game... so I appreciate the bug reports!) Cyber's original code relied on the camera "status" to be found before starting the script or CE soft-locks, which is why there are two steps. Since I solved that problem, I realized I could combine them into a single step, and have the script patiently wait until the in-game camera values are found. Hopefully this solves the issue, let me know how it works.
Yea, I tried loading my save file in the first dungeon of the game and CE can't still recognize the coordinates. I wonder if it's an issue that only exists on my side hahaha, I don't see other users reporting the same problem.

Anyway I tried the newest beta version and it finally fixed the FPS issues, nice! Tho here's another issue man haha, it works fine when I start a new game in the beginning, but when I load my save in the final dungeon after the cutscene, CE cannot recognize the coordinates again anymore (whereas if you do the same in the previous versions, CE will still be able to recognize them and make the freecam moveable).The freecam still works though if I try loading the file that is saved in front of Van's office. A workaround I just do is to load the final dungeon save file while the free cam is active and still working normally, which will make it moveable after loading. Though deactivating it will cause the issue to reappear. Something to do with the "Enable Camera Script" getting removed perhaps..?
I tried the other dude's CE Script above and the free cam seems to work normally even if I switch between different save files.

Here's a video of the issue just in case. (Spoiler alert)

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

misterwashimashi wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:39 am
Yea, I tried loading my save file in the first dungeon of the game and CE can't still recognize the coordinates. I wonder if it's an issue that only exists on my side hahaha, I don't see other users reporting the same problem.

Anyway I tried the newest beta version and it finally fixed the FPS issues, nice! Tho here's another issue man haha, it works fine when I start a new game in the beginning, but when I load my save in the final dungeon after the cutscene, CE cannot recognize the coordinates again anymore (whereas if you do the same in the previous versions, CE will still be able to recognize them and make the freecam moveable).The freecam still works though if I try loading the file that is saved in front of Van's office. A workaround I just do is to load the final dungeon save file while the free cam is active and still working normally, which will make it moveable after loading. Though deactivating it will cause the issue to reappear. Something to do with the "Enable Camera Script" getting removed perhaps..?
I tried the other dude's CE Script above and the free cam seems to work normally even if I switch between different save files.

Can you try this and report back? I know DhaosCollider has a working script but darnit I want to fix mine haha.

EDIT: Attachment removed - please download from first post of thread.
Last edited by amorrow28 on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misterwashimashi
Cheater
Cheater

amorrow28 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:19 am
misterwashimashi wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:39 am

Can you try this and report back? I know DhaosCollider has a working script but darnit I want to fix mine haha.

Kuro_freecam_betaversion4.CT
Sure sure man no problem, lemme help you out with bug reports.

Here's a quick report after a few minutes of testing
So yea this newest version has managed to fix all of the previous issues that I have experienced and that's POG haha. There's a new issue though, but it's just very minor IMO. There are random times when I activate the free cam, the game completely blacks out except for the HUD, and all sounds are gone, an error pops up in CE as well. Disabling the freecam will restore the game screen except for the sounds. So far, this only tends to happen on the save file in front of Van's office. Imma experiment more later. Here's the error: Image
Last edited by misterwashimashi on Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

diver
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by diver »

I mean can the free camera follow the the player character moves? That is to modify the fov of the player character.Thank you!

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

misterwashimashi wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:23 am
Sure sure man no problem, lemme help you out with bug reports.

Here's a quick report after a few minutes of testing
So yea this newest version has managed to fix all of the previous issues that I have experienced and that's POG haha. There's a new issue though, but it's just very minor IMO. There are random times when I activate the free cam, the game completely blacks out except for the HUD, and all sounds are gone, an error pops up in CE as well. Disabling the freecam will restore the game screen except for the sounds. So far, this only tends to happen on the save file in front of Van's office. Imma experiment more later. Here's the error: Image
I'm pretty sure I know what's happening there. Try this version!

EDIT: Attachment removed - please download from first post of thread.
Last edited by amorrow28 on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

Alex12345 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:35 am
Hi, Bro. I have a request. Could you change the button :
PAGE UP KEY : Tilt Up
PAGE DOWN KEY : Tilt Down
END KEY : Pan Right
HOME KEY: Pan Left
It will be much more convenient
Are you using a laptop or mini-keyboard? Just curious. Anyways, I don’t plan to change the keys because I really like the default layout, BUT it is very easy to change for yourself! Just double click <script> next to the free camera, and it will open up the code. Scroll down to pan and tilt, and you’ll see the assigned keys. Just change them to what you want, then press ok. Test in game, and if it works, save the table.

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

WASD / MOUSE CONTROL IN BETA 6! (Please download in the first post of this thread.)

DhaosCollider, thank you for posting your own table! I hope you do not mind, I used your AOB scan to obtain FOV and player movement. (I did not use any of your code at all, I promise, just two of the injection points. Honestly, I don't even understand most of your code.) I do not know why I never thought to freeze the player like you did, your idea was brilliant. All credit goes to you; I stand on the shoulder of giants. I made sure to give credit to you on the first post, and linked to your post so everyone can try your table as well.

EDIT: Uploaded a small update. I have no idea why I didn't think of being able to disable the mouse with a hotkey, if you want to alt-tab out etc. Page up turns the mouse on, page down turns it off (while free-cam is active).

DhaosCollider
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by DhaosCollider »

amorrow28 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:22 am
If it helped you in some way, I'm glad for it, and thanks for the credit.
Feel free to use whatever you like.

Structurally, multi-pointers from static addresses are shallow game engine,
so remembering the quirks of the engine may be useful for the numbered titles in this series.

misterwashimashi
Cheater
Cheater

Beta version 5 and 6a didn't show any problems so far, thanks for your hard work man. Just take your time on the missing features. I'll edit this comment once I've run into some issues (hopefully not) :D

Alex12345
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Alex12345 »

Thanks for your work, I have questions : Hide UI and Timefreeze will you do it?

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

Alex12345 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:39 am
Yes I will! I’ll release that soon, just doing some final bug testing and waiting to see if any bug reports come up with the last beta version.

diver
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by diver »

amorrow28 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:53 am
Alex12345 wrote:
Yes I will! I’ll release that soon, just doing some final bug testing and waiting to see if any bug reports come up with the last beta version.
Beta version 6a works very well,but I wish add hotkeys for custom fov.
For example

8 : Forward
5 : Backward
4 : Left
6 : Right
- : Up
+ : Down

can this function be applied to fov?I want to customize the height of fov,Thanks for your work.

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

diver wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:06 am
amorrow28 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:53 am
Alex12345 wrote:
Beta version 6a works very well,but I wish add hotkeys for custom fov.
For example

8 : Forward
5 : Backward
4 : Left
6 : Right
- : Up
+ : Down

can this function be applied to fov?I want to customize the height of fov,Thanks for your work.
The function is only running during free camera mode, it does not run while playing normally because it would really affect the performance of the game and takes control away from the player. I think it’s possible to do what you ask but the assembly language is more than what I can do. Also, what I thought was FOV is not really FOV, I think it’s actually distance from the camera to the character. I will rename it in the next release but I will test a bit more.

EDIT: I figured out the assembly. It's still not true FOV, just zoom.
Last edited by amorrow28 on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

I've released version 1.0! You can now pause the action and hide the user interface (HUD, minimap, dialogue, menus, everything) - a full-featured photo mode! Also, I've fixed the free camera mode, it no longer locks the mouse when you are not in the game. Finally, I've assigned hotkeys to zooming in and out. Please read the included instructions on page 1 before asking questions.

A note about force pause: I actually managed to find two ways to lock the game (four if you count the first two methods I found, but those two locked the camera so they are not useful). The method I use prevents the game from running the routines that proceed with the game (force pause); the other method is a true pause that flips a switch to fool the game into thinking you've entered a menu. I chose force pause because I was able to preserve flourish animations - pausing the game in the middle of a sword swing with the menu button for example will not preserve the cool blue light animations. But if there are bugs / problems with the force pause method, I can switch the next version to the true pause method instead. Please report issues.

Thank you to misterwashimashi and everyone who participated in the open beta. I hope you didn't mind my frequent updates!