Free camera for Kuro no Kiseki CLE

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Free camera for Kuro no Kiseki CLE

Post by amorrow28 »

misterwashimashi wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:46 am
I'm glad I could help! Just wanna show my appreciation for making the Hajimari script, as well as for the modding you've been doing for the community. I've been hopelessly waiting and searching for a Hajimari free cam since last year until I finally stumbled upon your post here, luckily Kuro's PC release date was near at that time.
Good thing I found a cleared save file on lovers lab (which is the final dungeon save) and used it as a guinea pig to find possible bugs since the beginning of the game is a bit limited for experimentation. I hope the CE Script will still work in case CLE makes an update to the game on steam. If it did break I'll be glad to help again in case you need a bug tester :D
Me too, except I was crazy enough to decide to learn how to make one. :lol: Thank goodness for Stephen Chapman's youtube channel!

In regards to CLE breaking the script, it's when not if (so be ready new betas haha). Still, it's really unlikely they'll ever touch the engine code, so my guess is that it'll be mostly just finding the new offsets, maybe some creative AOB scanning if some of the structures change.

Edit: Also, impressive nonchalance to spoilers you have, downloading a final dungeon save! :lol:

misterwashimashi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by misterwashimashi »

welp i'm a bit used to spoilers in games, since i tend to focus more on the gameplay rather than the story lol. plus it's probably gonna take me a while to play the game properly so i decided to just mess around with it until i'm not busy anymore xD

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

misterwashimashi wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:35 am
welp i'm a bit used to spoilers in games, since i tend to focus more on the gameplay rather than the story lol. plus it's probably gonna take me a while to play the game properly so i decided to just mess around with it until i'm not busy anymore xD
Well, hopefully you're not bored messing with it. Here's a new beta!

EDIT: Attachment removed - please download from first post of thread.

I decided to code force pause completely in assembly (like true pause). I wasn't planning to because I was worried about the overhead of inserting what I thought would be ~100 instructions (got it down to 76 instructions actually) into a frequently called function, but I can't tell any difference. I looked it up, a modern processor can execute something like 100 billion instructions every second, so uhh, I think I needn't have worried. :lol: Also, there's no way that it's worse for performance than CE constantly monitoring for hotkeys.

I think you were right, the v1.1 version is just a little too unreliable. It's annoying that you have to check the box first, but I think monitoring via a code injection in the engine is just better. It took me a while to get it to stop crashing the game though, and/or freezing the game randomly at certain points. I *think* I've gotten most of the bugs out already, but testing would be very much appreciated! (Be sure to button mash F5/F6, my fingers are just too slow to tell the difference haha.)
Last edited by amorrow28 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

misterwashimashi
Cheater
Cheater

Ohh noice you actually did it. Splendid work!
The delays on the force pause in 1.1 are a bit long in order to be able to press F5/F6 again. Having to check the box first is not that annoying imo haha, plus if it keeps the function stable then it's all good. Users can easily make it more convenient by assigning a hotkey so they won't have to minimize again.

I tested it for a bit and I'm not encountering any problems so far. In fact, I think it's quite smoother and mash friendlier than the true pause function you implemented a few days ago. I tried mashing F5/F6 to the max and it can easily become a frame-by-frame function looool.

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

misterwashimashi wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:47 am
Ohh noice you actually did it. Splendid work!
The delays on the force pause in 1.1 are a bit long in order to be able to press F5/F6 again. Having to check the box first is not that annoying imo haha, plus if it keeps the function stable then it's all good. Users can easily make it more convenient by assigning a hotkey so they won't have to minimize again.

I tested it for a bit and I'm not encountering any problems so far. In fact, I think it's quite smoother and mash friendlier than the true pause function you implemented a few days ago. I tried mashing F5/F6 to the max and it can easily become a frame-by-frame function looool.
Thanks! And thanks for the quick testing! I think I'm going to mess with it another day or so, then I'll update the first post. :-D

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

v1.2 Beta 2 - I fixed the custom zoom (F4). It's smoother now, no longer locks out when you hit the back wall, zooming in stops at 0.1 and zooming out stops at 15 (definable). No more FPU instructions. It still leaves you at the last cutscene-defined zoom when you come out of certain cutscenes, I can't figure out a graceful way to fix that without preventing the game from zooming in and out for cutscenes entirely.

EDIT:
v1.2 Beta 3 - The script now remembers your custom zoom, and restores it properly when coming out of a cutscene! The main downside is that when using a custom zoom, there isn't that pleasant mini-zoom-in that happens when you talk to someone. I had to disable the write that happens when it tries to zoom in as well, otherwise it would zoom in and then immediately jump back out.

I would definitely appreciate some beta testing on beta 3. I've messed with it quite a bit, it seems pretty smooth to me, but feedback would be appreciated.

EDIT: Downloads removed. Version 1.2 is now available for download at the first post.
Last edited by amorrow28 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misterwashimashi
Cheater
Cheater

Tested it on mine, haven't run into any problems yet. Working good so far man.

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

misterwashimashi wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:42 pm
Tested it on mine, haven't run into any problems yet. Working good so far man.
Thanks very much, and as always thanks for the quick testing! I have posted the final version 1.2 script on the first post. (I didn't want to ask by name and put you on the spot for more testing since you've done so much, but I'm glad you took up the challenge anyway!) :D

AnakinStar
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by AnakinStar »

Hi, bro. Can I ask you something :Personas 5 ROYAL it goes on sale next month.Will you make a free camera script to P5R?

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

AnakinStar wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:48 pm
Hi, bro. Can I ask you something :Personas 5 ROYAL it goes on sale next month.Will you make a free camera script to P5R?
Sorry, I don’t take requests. I learned how to do camera scripts from [Link], please give it a try!

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

Script updated for game version 1.0.3.

misterwashimashi
Cheater
Cheater

AnakinStar wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:48 pm
Persona 5 is very popular, so I'm pretty sure that someone from its community will make a freecam once the game releases.

jimkage
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by jimkage »

When I activate pause function the game crashes for me

amorrow28
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by amorrow28 »

I know you got your answer on the other forum I post at, but for everyone else, if you are overwriting your executable with the English patch executable, try the older v1.2 version. 1.3 is Asian language only until the patch catches up (which might be never).

diver
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by diver »

Hi, Bro. Kuro no Kiseki 2 was released yesterday, can you make a Camera Tweak for Kuro no Kiseki 2?Thanks!