I made my first cheat table but I need your help

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Cristina1991
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

I made my first cheat table but I need your help

Post by Cristina1991 »

I am new to using cheat engine and slowly figuring things out. I know how to search and narrow the changing values. I can get my changed values working permanently until I save or close the software.

My problem is when I save my table and then reload the table it no longer works. I have to search the values every time I play the game. Am I leaving out a step or something? :(

Example of image below shows in the cheat engine window on the right side, (I reloaded my saved changes from playing yesterday) the values are no longer recognized and appear as "??"

I have noticed the Address is different each time I make a new cheat table (cheat engine window on left)
[Link]

Messy6666
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: I made my first cheat table but I need your help

Post by Messy6666 »

Nice going there...
well i am not the (mono) expert here, far from that, and not good at explaning....
but it's because you are using offsets/pointers without a valid base.
The game itself is using mono so because of JIT they probably will change every new game.

So how do you get a "valid base" ?
First of all enable the Mono features in the menu (and dissect the code,, safe it for later use).
- Find out what access/writes for example that 6000 kills
- look at the code behind it and see if there's an usable register to dissect structures with it.
- if that's the case then you can inject that code and safe a base pointer for 6000 kills

Better tho find a base to get all those offsets... they normally are in the same structure pool

not meant disrespecfull but watch something like this:
way better explained

edit:
ps. when you've enabled mono features... look at the dissect mono (same menu) and see if there are usefull methods.
normally GameAssembly.dll
or .Net info

Cristina1991
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Cristina1991 »

SinGul4ritY wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:15 pm
well i am not the (mono) expert here, far from that, and not good at explaning....
No you did fine explaining! I was able to figure out how to make my own cheats by following a youtube tutorial but this one was a bit difficult to understand (I was like [Link] lol). I also went over your instructions and paid close attention where to click but what appears on my screen is confusing for me. I am happy to have made it this far. I will just deal, thanks Singul4rity

Toga
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Toga »

^ don't give up you will get there
that Stephen Chapman guy has a whole nice playlist from beginner to advance (general stuff also not only mono)
Spoiler
and Cheat The Game
[Link]

Messy6666
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Messy6666 »

Cristina1991 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:10 am
aye don't settle... maybe that video link was a bit too much

so here's what i meant in a simplified way (not the best way) for the grindstones demo

The objective is to have always # Health and since, as you already said, offsets will always change.
We need to get a base pointer to it by finding out what writes to it.
so i first did what you did: search for the 4 bytes and changes: check the what writes to it ( there where 2 )

Now we found the base ( RCX = GerLoadoutCharacter )
we gonna safe the pointer to Health and ( look at the top left ) Max Health
so we get something like this

hope this helps
-edit- i forgot ofc to unregister ptrHealth
Attachments
Grindstone.CT
grindstone demo Health example
(20.22 KiB) Downloaded 98 times