Debuggers not working for Yuzu or Ryujinx

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
SarashJessicaParker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Debuggers not working for Yuzu or Ryujinx

Post by SarashJessicaParker »

I have tried all of the debuggers on Yuzu and Ryujinx and none of them seem to find any opcodes for any game. I have tried tinkering wih some of the settings and I still am unable to find any opcodes. Is there something else I have to do in order to get the debuggers to work?

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Debuggers not working for Yuzu or Ryujinx

Post by GreenHouse »

You need to use DBVM for the debugger to work on emulators. If you have an Intel CPU, then you can easily use it from Settings -> Debugger Options -> Debugger Method. If you have an AMD CPU, it might work or not. It could bluescreen your PC out of nowhere. So make sure to save anything before trying it.

SarashJessicaParker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by SarashJessicaParker »

I tried this before and it didn't work because I didn't switch over to that debugger and fully close out of cheat engine. Now it works I appreciate your help. In the past versions of cheat engine once you used a debugger you would have to close out of it completley and change the debugger before attactching it to a process. With 7.4 you can change debugger settings, but you still have to close out of it completlely and relaunch it. That was my problem thanks again.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

By the way.. I hope you realize your work will never be generic. What you are debugging is the emulator code itself. So you shouldn't state "cheat table for Yuzu version of game X". Instead you should specify the version of Yuzu and probably attach the Yuzu binaries, else people who use various versions of Yuzu will be mislead by the fact that the table is for any Yuzu. And not know it's specifically for a particular version of it.

The same goes for Ryujinx or any other emulator.

And if people go like "can you update it for Yuzu version 2.3.4?" you can just tell them to go F themselves :D :D

Bottom line: people will have to use your version of Yuzu, your version of the game (the exact binary, not some random similar version) and your exact cheat table.