Game closes when I'm trying attach debugger

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
omgwut
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Game closes when I'm trying attach debugger

Post by omgwut »

Ok so this game, Labyrinth of Touhou - Gensokyo and the Heaven-Piercing Tree (aka Touhou Labyrinth 2), I'm playing it (beaten the main story and currently doing the postgame content) and it's pretty good, but HOLY MOLY is it difficult and grindy (ESPECIALLY the postgame content!!). I couldn't find a cheat table for it so I wanted to make one myself, as a way to learn how to make them (and maybe share it if I get good enough). After seeing the tutorial vid on how to find the pointer that writes the address, I wanted to put it to practice with this game. I found the address that touches the ingame currency value, and wanted to find what accesses it. The popup said it's gonna attach a debugger, I clicked yes, and then the game closed or crashed on me. So, this got me thinking: how the hell do you find the pointer (and also, the cheat table) if the game crashes on you like this (not just this game)?

notpikachu
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Game closes when I'm trying attach debugger

Post by notpikachu »

omgwut wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:38 pm
Did you try VEH debugger? Look fine on my side.

omgwut
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by omgwut »

Huh. No I haven't. Gonna try that later.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Two weeks later, spoof. No response :) Gotta love it when they vanish like that.