I know how to search for this one specific address but it doesn’t return anything?

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
CheatExplorer28827
Cheater
Cheater

I know how to search for this one specific address but it doesn’t return anything?

Post by CheatExplorer28827 »

Essentially I’m trying to modify the health value in this game Drawngeon. However I did get some help and with there video they were able to search and find it. I did the exact same thing. I know the health value as it shows on screen. So say it’s 15/15 and I do a scan… then I go and take some damage and do my next scan… however it’s on that scan that nothing returns back. I’ve tried countless hours and honestly I’m getting to breaking point. I thought I understood that and that is essentially what you’re meant to do? It’s not an unknown value either as I know the value of the health it’s just finding that address and modifying it… on top of that… it doesn’t show in Processes it only shows in Applications and Windows… I had someone tell me that’s just how CheatEngine finds the program but does this affect how the whole thing will work? Is that why I’m not getting anything back? Oh and 1 final thing i know the address is supposedly a double in this game for health but I can never find it and before I get any kind of negative comments please be kind because it’s not like I’ve just switched CheatEngine on and decided I couldn’t do it. I genuinely sat there for a good few hours learning but still just having problems with this one game and finding the right address. Also when I choose the Application tab for this game when I click on it it says ApplicationFrameHost.exe I assume that’s normal?

ShyTwig16
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: I know how to search for this one specific address but it doesn’t return anything?

Post by ShyTwig16 »

The value may not be what you think it is, just because it displays a value of 15 it might be a float ranging from 0 to 1. You say you know it's a double, but how do you know it's a double? Even if a tutorial shows you exact steps for that exact game, it could have been updated; and things might have changed. Are you only scanning for an exact value? You might need to scan for unknown initial value and do decreased and increased scans after that. Basically you tend to try what you think will work and if that doesn't you have to reformulate a new hypothesis and work form that. So if scanning for an integer doesn't work, move on to float and so on; if exact value scans don't work, move on to unknown value scans.

CheatExplorer28827
Cheater
Cheater

Re: I know how to search for this one specific address but it doesn’t return anything?

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:23 pm
The value may not be what you think it is, just because it displays a value of 15 it might be a float ranging from 0 to 1. You say you know it's a double, but how do you know it's a double? Even if a tutorial shows you exact steps for that exact game, it could have been updated; and things might have changed. Are you only scanning for an exact value? You might need to scan for unknown initial value and do decreased and increased scans after that. Basically you tend to try what you think will work and if that doesn't you have to reformulate a new hypothesis and work form that. So if scanning for an integer doesn't work, move on to float and so on; if exact value scans don't work, move on to unknown value scans.
I’m trying to find the health value. Just that. I’m not fussed about anything else… I had VampyYT help but she said the addresses will almost always be the same but it’s just the name of the game that can be different. Something along those lines. She said that it’s easy and this ‘ Was curious, though the game is awful, not what i play :D, anwyay, finding values in it is super easy, HP for example is on 2 searches, located in DOUBLE, tested and recording this awful video on some cracked version (obvious :lol: ), check it out (video will be deleted soon) on that HP, the value i have’

So obviously I changed my search type to Double and tried but nothing came back. I’m going to try again but genuinely I admire all y’all who can deal with so many integers and floaters and all the other jargon as it’s clear you can do so much more than I. As you can tell I’m very inexperienced and whilst I understand like I’ve said basic principle like using tables and stuff it just seems like this value isn’t showing itself to me… I’m going to try again soon.

Also what does 2 searches mean does she mean like search 2 times or?

ShyTwig16
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ShyTwig16 »

If the game has ways to hide the value, a cracked version will often remove these things. Or if the value is stored in a complicated value the cracked version might strip this out and have value stored in simple formats. So it might be that the value is "encrypted" (not really but in a basic sense it can be). And if the game is loading the process as different names I'd say it's doing something unusual right from the start and might be doing other things to try and hide things from memory hacking. Hard to say, but you might just need to do the unknown value scans and see what you find. You might be better off using a more simplistic game to start, just for learn purposes, you can even start with the CE tutorial in the help menu.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Hmm..2 searches, is, from your first search you had some results, in your second search you already found your value.

Anyway ...

I'm using hotkeys, lazyness i might say or a useful way!I can say i agree with Tim.I can add also this:

- some, me included, use multiple Cheat Engine processes attached to some .exe (like 2-3 at once), one can have different settings in debug option and the other one as well...since in some engine using some search or viewing what some value does or modifying some value will crash the game or software or browsers etc so, having multiple active Cheat Engine launched having different setups, can do the trick.
- using also x64dbg can make things easier
- i also use Ghidra, i'm pretty much used to it :wub:
- use a calculator (programmer, for values), windows default one
- use also DBVM, can make wonders ;)

All these won't never happen over night, i've learned all of them through trial and error, asking my dad mostly, he's a leading programmer for a known company and animator, software etc ...me, i have nothing with these, i work in a separated thing, when i started, years, years ago...i cried to him, asking him...barely had some results, knowing for what i wanted to use them...so yeah, asking the right people will always get you results, knowing how to ask!?

So, learn, so some trial and error on some easy game, Like Tim said, experience is all that matters, then when you'll understand exactly what that thing means, you'll think and say to yourself, damn, what is this, this is easy!

No pain, no gain!
You won't ever be able to do what i did in this video without experience!That base with pointer, is easy when you know how, most of them know what i say...but without facing errors and whatnot, practice on games!

I won't even start regarding dissecting or making any cmp using multiple offsets...

---
The game is on .json though, open any existing file using some text editor and make some modifications..you can also alter the .exe with hex editors...experience required

---Try with a simple game , do some pointers first (everybody starts with this), then with code injection, then with some aob scripts, then with advanced and whatnot!

Just saying..sorry for any misspellings, just in case.. :P learn, learn and learn!

I also do all these for hobby and i like to share my updated tables here, in this forum, it makes me feel good...sometimes i do them for money, whenever i feel like, i'm very selective!

So yeah, knowing is the right thing to do, in one year after you'll have more experience, you'll see things different! :P
Best wishes!
==========================================================================
Me, personally, i have so much respect for these users in this forum : cfemen :wub:, ndck76 :wub:, notpikachu :wub:, Paul44 :wub:

CheatExplorer28827
Cheater
Cheater

VampTY wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:02 pm
Hmm..2 searches, is, from your first search you had some results, in your second search you already found your value.

Anyway ...

I'm using hotkeys, lazyness i might say or a useful way!I can say i agree with Tim.I can add also this:

- some, me included, use multiple Cheat Engine processes attached to some .exe (like 2-3 at once), one can have different settings in debug option and the other one as well...since in some engine using some search or viewing what some value does or modifying some value will crash the game or software or browsers etc so, having multiple active Cheat Engine launched having different setups, can do the trick.
- using also x64dbg can make things easier
- i also use Ghidra, i'm pretty much used to it :wub:
- use a calculator (programmer, for values), windows default one
- use also DBVM, can make wonders ;)

All these won't never happen over night, i've learned all of them through trial and error, asking my dad mostly, he's a leading programmer for a known company and animator, software etc ...me, i have nothing with these, i work in a separated thing, when i started, years, years ago...i cried to him, asking him...barely had some results, knowing for what i wanted to use them...so yeah, asking the right people will always get you results, knowing how to ask!?

So, learn, so some trial and error on some easy game, Like Tim said, experience is all that matters, then when you'll understand exactly what that thing means, you'll think and say to yourself, damn, what is this, this is easy!

No pain, no gain!
You won't ever be able to do what i did in this video without experience!That base with pointer, is easy when you know how, most of them know what i say...but without facing errors and whatnot, practice on games!

I won't even start regarding dissecting or making any cmp using multiple offsets...

---
The game is on .json though, open any existing file using some text editor and make some modifications..you can also alter the .exe with hex editors...experience required

---Try with a simple game , do some pointers first (everybody starts with this), then with code injection, then with some aob scripts, then with advanced and whatnot!

Just saying..sorry for any misspellings, just in case.. :P learn, learn and learn!

I also do all these for hobby and i like to share my updated tables here, in this forum, it makes me feel good...sometimes i do them for money, whenever i feel like, i'm very selective!

So yeah, knowing is the right thing to do, in one year after you'll have more experience, you'll see things different! :P
Best wishes!
==========================================================================
Me, personally, i have so much respect for these users in this forum : cfemen :wub:, ndck76 :wub:, notpikachu :wub:, Paul44 :wub:
So will the value for Health be double all the time? Is that the value I’m looking for then? Because I do and nothing returns. I’ll keentrying

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Is on DOUBLE!It was in that video where i found the value for HP, in two searches!In .json games files, all values are on DOUBLE ;)