Game detecting Cheat engine running and deploying "anti cheat measuers"

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Arhelay
Cheater
Cheater

Game detecting Cheat engine running and deploying "anti cheat measuers"

Post by Arhelay »

Howdy people! I tried to try and mischief in single player of the game "Ready or not" (disclaimer - no PVP in any form).
But when i run Cheat Engine even without attaching it to the game process - game changes my guns to fire...trashbags. Silly weird anticheat i suppose.
Naturally i would like to avoid this, to no avail. I need your help to circumvent it, it cant be difficult since it detects process it should be simple, right?

What i already tried:
1. Using HxD in the every .exe and .sig file renamed every mention of "Cheat Engine", "Cheat_engine" and "CheatEngine" -> "Bread Bakery", "Bread_Bakery" and "BreaDBakery". Then renamed files itself.
Um, thats it really. I have no skills in real programming so this is all i can do =D
Please assist.

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Re: Game detecting Cheat engine running and deploying "anti cheat measuers"

Post by Csimbi »

Contact the game authors.
They have no right monitoring any software you run on your PC, except their own.
They shall limit themselves to monitoring their own software.
If you attach CE to their software, they can take actions, but not before.
CE is a legitimate dev tool to have on any PC.

DarkThinkHuman
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DarkThinkHuman »

Csimbi wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:20 am
They have no right monitoring any software you run on your PC, except their own.
oh really didn't know that devs does not have the right to monitor software ( even if the game is started )
but yes it makes sense that they only should take actions if cheat engine gets attached to the process.

--

@Arhelay

I tried the game on the weekend and refunded it, its a bug-mess I couldn't even get passed the main menu without a crash.
If the game would run without problems than i could help to look for that check, it should be not too hard to find if you take into consideration how its possible to interate trough processes, or maybe you can just dump the game ( UE4 ) to look for some anti-cheat functions.

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

Csimbi wrote:
While I do agree with you that developers have no rights to monitor software running on the PC, they often put clauses in the EULA which waive any right of privacy, or permits the developers to monitor for such tools.

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

LeFiXER wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:19 am
they often put clauses in the EULA which waive any right of privacy
You would do well steering clear of any such data miners - you have no idea how your data will be used or to whom it will be sold.

Arhelay
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Arhelay »

Csimbi wrote:
You are right but even if i go full legal against them it would take months to take down this protection, i want hacks now =D
DarkThinkHuman wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:28 am
I tried the game on the weekend and refunded it, its a bug-mess I couldn't even get passed the main menu without a crash.
If the game would run without problems than i could help to look for that check, it should be not too hard to find if you take into consideration how its possible to interate trough processes, or maybe you can just dump the game ( UE4 ) to look for some anti-cheat functions.
Curious. Me and my friend didnt experienced a single bug. We discussed it a lot because its one of most polished EA games we played in a last few years. Dont want to be that guy but maybe problems are in your PC? =)

Also, new info guys. Since i renamed everything game started detecting "cheats" even when i restart PC and didnt load CE. Only thing that may cause this is in my opinion kernel driver. Since everything else was renamed - driver unloader probably could not unload it properly.
Could it be the cause? its complete speculation on my part but i might be randomly correct =D and if so, how i can "hide" it?

Noire Blackheart
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Noire Blackheart »

The first time i heard of a method being used like this was a sonic fangame which permently corrupted the game if it detected cheat engine on your PC at all, not sure how it ended, apart from the game being taken down.

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by GreenHouse »

Arhelay wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:07 am
Also, new info guys. Since i renamed everything game started detecting "cheats" even when i restart PC and didnt load CE. Only thing that may cause this is in my opinion kernel driver. Since everything else was renamed - driver unloader probably could not unload it properly.
Could it be the cause? its complete speculation on my part but i might be randomly correct =D and if so, how i can "hide" it?
You can open Cheat Engine mid game and it won't do that. And when going back to loading, disable, close it. And reopen it when starting another level.
Otherwise, copy/paste this code into Cheat Engine address list. And enable the script:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>26187</ID>
      <Description>"ENABLE"</Description>
      <LastState/>
      <Color>FF8000</Color>
      <VariableType>Auto Assembler Script</VariableType>
      <AssemblerScript>[ENABLE]
{$lua}
get_Cheater = AOBScanModuleUnique('ReadyOrNot-Win64-Shipping.exe','48 8B 4D FF C6 05 * * * * * 48 85 C9')
if get_Cheater ~= nil then
local x1, x2, x3, x4 = splitDisassembledString(disassemble('get_Cheater+4'))
registerSymbol('Cheater',x2:match("%[(%x+)%]"))
registerSymbol('get_Cheater',get_Cheater)
writeByte('Cheater',00)
writeByte('get_Cheater+A',00)
else print('ERROR: Pointer could not be found.') end
[DISABLE]
</AssemblerScript>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>

DarkestPrayer69
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DarkestPrayer69 »

Noire Blackheart wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:04 am
The first time i heard of a method being used like this was a sonic fangame which permently corrupted the game if it detected cheat engine on your PC at all, not sure how it ended, apart from the game being taken down.
Noire is best girl in Nepnep