Transfer savegames linked to my steam account

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
AlphaCygni
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Transfer savegames linked to my steam account

Post by AlphaCygni »

I have a few games on my Steam account, which actually make savegames impossible to use from another account. I enjoy once in a while getting a savegame from another player who didn't go through the game the same way I did, without the burden to start from scratch all over again, or just exchanging with my father or buddies.

I could successfully transfer some of my saves for Shadow of War, by following this post : viewtopic.php?p=186747#p186747.
Looking at the Cheat Engine tables, it seems pretty simple, "just" need to change the ID pointed at, right ?

Now, I'd like to do something similar for another game (Wolfenstein II, the New Colossus). Since I already have the tables for Shadow of War, I was thinking of training myself to find the same pointers that are in the tables, but honestly I don't know how I should proceed. I tried to look for my Steam ID, over several restarts of the game, but I get like a dozen matches (vs 2 in the final tables). So going from there, what should I do ? Trying to scan for pointers on all those entries directly ? Try to check where they are used ?

I'm pretty much a beginner with Cheat Engine, and haven't done more complicated stuff than the tutorials in the wiki ^^