how to realize the hacking of "rain bullets" function?

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
yaodm2020
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

how to realize the hacking of "rain bullets" function?

Post by yaodm2020 »

A term used to define a hack that lets a person shoot more than one bullet at a time (effectively a long range shotgun), most commonly seen in FPS games. Named ‘Rain Bullets’ after a well known player named ‘Rain’ was exposed for using them in tournaments. ----google

I saw a hacking feature called "Bullet Rain". There are video tutorials on Google. This function can be realized by changing rifles such as shotguns and searching for the specific number of bullets fired each time.
My question is how to implement this hack function in a game without a shotgun.

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: how to realize the hacking of "rain bullets" function?

Post by STN »

Just another fancy name for commonly known Rapid Fire cheat.

As far as i know, there's three ways you can find it. First is switching between your weapons (say a pistol and automatic rifle) and searching for changed values. This is really time consuming and you might get lucky finding the "Rate of Fire" address.

Second is finding it through the weapon structure. It's usually close by. Engine dependent.

My favorite is debugging the ammo function usually the one that deals with subtracting your ammo (so write bp/not access), there's compares which checks if you actually fired the gun and how long it's been, change that compare and boom you can fire without delay (Rapid Fire). Can also sometimes get an Auto Fire function (pretty cool). This also depends on game engine but i have had consistent success with this. If you can't be bothered studying the function, just force or nop the conditional jmps (jle etc) usually at the end of the function.

yaodm2020
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: how to realize the hacking of "rain bullets" function?

Post by yaodm2020 »

Thank you very much