Always critical hit in rpg games (how !!?)

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
kenshin_ova
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Always critical hit in rpg games (how !!?)

Post by kenshin_ova »

Dear All,

I will really appreciate if someone help me / illustrate me what is the mechanism of finding the value of "always critical hit" in memory such that always critical hit will occur. What I need is the concept of finding (Always critical hit) in cheat engine or any memory scanner. I am an RPG game in 3ds and I want to do this task for fun.

by the way, I am not that naïve, but I cannot get it how it works.

should I search for a value of attack damage, then keep tracking this value ? or it is something else completely ?

note: I think this way I will find the damage hit value , but it will never be a critical hit, with special effect.

I hope you get it what i mean. Thanks.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Always critical hit in rpg games (how !!?)

Post by zachillios »

This varries depending on the game. Some gamed have a stat that changes your crit rate, may it be luck, dexterity, etc. In that such a case, you would just change that value sky high so you crit constantly. If your game doesn't work that way, look and see if there's any system in game that does change your crit rate. Such as a ring or something. If it does, then you can search for whatever value is changing when you put that item on and manipulate that value.

kenshin_ova
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Always critical hit in rpg games (how !!?)

Post by kenshin_ova »

zachillios wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:43 am
This varries depending on the game. Some gamed have a stat that changes your crit rate, may it be luck, dexterity, etc. In that such a case, you would just change that value sky high so you crit constantly. If your game doesn't work that way, look and see if there's any system in game that does change your crit rate. Such as a ring or something. If it does, then you can search for whatever value is changing when you put that item on and manipulate that value.
Thank you for your reply, it helps me to think in something else. The game is Dragon quest 7 in 3ds.