Steven Universe - Unleash The Light (💻) Save Editing Tips

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
KraftCrafterMcCrafty
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Steven Universe - Unleash The Light (💻) Save Editing Tips

Post by KraftCrafterMcCrafty »

So for this round of general gamehacking; I will be introducing you to some general gamehacker tips for Steven Universe Unleash The Light on PC; released in Feb 2021. This of course is reliant upon the fact you have a PC to hack with; as I am not sure the Apple Arcade version is not cloud forced.

The first thing you should do is find your save file. It is usually in "Username"\AppData\LocalLow\Grumpyface Studios\Unleash the Light and a UTL file. This should be anywhere from 10 KB to almost 250 KB depending on your in-game inventory {Lotta junk}. Open the UTL file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Easy Level Ups - If you want some easy level ups, find where your Item UIDs are, and add the following line after a comma.
{\"itemUID\":118,\"itemCount\":98},
This will give you 98 Level Up Idols which instantly level up your character. If you need more; simply exit the game and re-edit to 98.

Chroma-Palooza - There are 8 item codes for Chromas. The same tactic mentioned above works. Just make sure you don't have chromas in those UIDs yet. Also I recommend grabbing at least ONE chroma beforehand in-game or it may lock you of crafting.
{\"itemUID\":108,\"itemCount\":98}, <-- Red Chromas
{\"itemUID\":109,\"itemCount\":98}, <-- Orange Chromas
{\"itemUID\":110,\"itemCount\":98}, <-- Yellow Chromas
{\"itemUID\":111,\"itemCount\":98}, <-- Green Chromas
{\"itemUID\":112,\"itemCount\":98}, <-- Light Blue Chromas
{\"itemUID\":113,\"itemCount\":98}, <-- Dark Blue Chromas
{\"itemUID\":114,\"itemCount\":98}, <-- Violet Chromas
{\"itemUID\":115,\"itemCount\":98}, <-- White Chromas

Finally, Charm Editing - Note that charms are trinkets that modify a character's stats. They are limited in what stats they can affect based on the rolled statistics.
It should look something like this in the save file.
{\"uid\":#,\"itemUid\":#,\"rarityUid\":#,\"seedValue\":#,\"effects\":[{\"statType\":#,\"modifierType\":#,\"interpolationPercent\"#,\"modifierValue\":#},
The last value is what we are going to edit. I can say for sure that 999 is a safe number to modify and gives you just about enough of an upgrade for those stats to boost you heavily. If you find your attack item and luck; you'll be able to two or three shot just about any enemy in-game who doesn't have immunity or a script to prevent death.

Well, that's all folks. Remember to click save as you exit Notepad and enjoy.