[Tekken 7] How to update a Cheat Engine script I didn't make?

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
CptFalconTK
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[Tekken 7] How to update a Cheat Engine script I didn't make?

Post by CptFalconTK »

Hey what's up,

I make [Link] using a Cheat Engine script made by Bryanyora. I downloaded it [Link].

The creator of the script updates it very infrequently and Tekken has been updated a while ago, so the script doesn't work at the moment.

I wanted to ask you guys what I would have to do to update the script myself? I've googled around a bit and already found out that I probably need to just update some adresses that have been changed. But how would one go about doing that? Are there any good tutorials out there regarding this topic?

Not sure if this is allowed (and I'll remove this offer if it isn't) but I'd be willing to pay a couple of bucks to the person that would update the script for me. But as I said, pointing me in the right direction so I can do it myself would already help immensely.

Thanks for the help!

happyTugs
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: [Tekken 7] How to update a Cheat Engine script I didn't make?

Post by happyTugs »

hello CptFalconTk,
CptFalconTk wrote:I probably need to just update some adresses that have been changed.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Not only would you have to update the address within each script, you might also have to update the offsets — i.e, an integer indicating displacement between the beginning of an array, or other data structure object, and the given element. These displacements could have increased, or decreased, depending if there were any amendments made to an object's structure, and thus needs to be accounted for. In layman's terms, think of an object as a layered cake. The base of the cake (or the object's base/starting address) is the foundation for every layer of cake to be placed on top of. Each layer of cake (or data) laid on top of the foundation has it's own flavor (health, energy, rage, etc.) and size (size of the data's type whether it be a Byte, Word, Dword, Qword, etc.). Every layer has it's own displacement (or offset) from the base of the cake. So, in order to a find a layer's offset, de-reference the address of the cake's layer — i.e, Health Address - Object's Base Address = Health Offset/Displacement.

Further on, the creator didn't leave a commented section regarding the original snippet of code, which details what instructions of the game's binary were changed, in any of their scripts. Due to its absence, you have to figure how each address was located if you don't remember where the code/AOB injection takes place — e.g., for the 0100_Rage script (which "specifies whether 'Rage Arts' is available"), perhaps find the instruction that accesses the boolean value of 'Rage Arts'.

Regardless, not all is lost.

Obviously, you could just wait for the creator to post an update; but, you mentioned that updates are not frequent (and, in my opinion, will remain that way). So, since you requested for a some pointers, I can list you a few.
  • Cheat Engine Tutorial
  • Program (at the very minimum) basic Assembly and debugging.
  • There are plenty of YouTube tutorials, online guides, Microsoft documentation, etc. to guide you as to what offsets are, data-types, de-referencing, etc.. Search for them.
  • Tekken 7 is an Unreal Engine 4 game. Due to how Unreal Engine stores its variables, one can essentially dump every single Object, or UObject, in the game's running process along with its name, or FName. Take this snippet from Dishonored 1, an Unreal Engine 3 game, as an example...
    UObject[006452] IntProperty Engine.Pawn.Health 0x0F04CF40
    Coupled with some more information, you can easily find what the offset of the pawn's health is using offsetInternal. Otherwise, you could use...
    UUE4 : https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuides/universal_ue4_consoleunlocker.htm
    or...
    CorrM's Unreal Finder Tool : https://github.com/CorrM/Unreal-Finder-Tool
    to dump your objects.
Granted, learning all of this cost time; I am sure you would rather just play and make those high-octane edits (btw those edits were pretty cool).
CptFalconTk wrote:I'd be willing to pay
If I am not mistaken, such commissions are permitted here on the forum. Perhaps, this might be your best option, idk? Just be wary...

good luck,
happyTugs

CptFalconTK
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Tekken 7] How to update a Cheat Engine script I didn't make?

Post by CptFalconTK »

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.

Seems like I'll either have to dive into this big ocean and learn a lot of new stuff or just wait for an update from the original creator.

Again, thanks for the pointers :)