Is it possible to bypass GameRanger server desync for Age of Empires 2?

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
DrCalhoun
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Is it possible to bypass GameRanger server desync for Age of Empires 2?

Post by DrCalhoun »

Im not asking for a hack. Im asking if this is possible and how is this possible? And in general what is the process or what are the materials that are needed for that?

I know that it is possible because i have in my possession an hack that works and bypasses that. It works, it increases all resources. Kills enemy units. Reveals map. But i never use it, because i like to win or lose.

But still it boggles my mind how this works. Since i tried cheat engine. And any value that i change it makes the game go out of sync. Basically the game plays for a few seconds sometimes even a minute but then it crashes.

From what i have read online this is due to the fact that the server is simply taking values from all players. And if it sees that all these values somehow dont match, then the game desynchronizes and crashes.

I dont think it is exactly a server integrity check. Since the hack i have works perfectly. So what could this be? How does this work?

Does this hack work by making the server somehow believe its changes are true?

Pls help me learn for the purpose of improving. Thanks :)

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Is it possible to bypass GameRanger server desync for Age of Empires 2?

Post by SunBeam »

"i have in my possession an hack that works and bypasses that. It works, it increases all resources. Kills enemy units. Reveals map." - In single-player, yes. I highly doubt it works online. And since one of the rules is we don't allow online game cheating/talk, I'm closing this. Peace.