I just can't understand how it is done but i really want to.

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
CharredOrphan
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

I just can't understand how it is done but i really want to.

Post by CharredOrphan »

So there is a game in early access called Skul The Hero Slayer.
i completed what can be in this version of the game and just wanted to play it for fun now, BUUUUT.
Chances of geting a *unique* or *legendary* skull on 1-st and 2-nd stage are as low as my "hacking" skills, which means 1st and 2nd stage feels like awkward prelude before real fun begins.

I though i could just open cheat engine as usual search for numbers around 5 min and done, i'll have my fun.
So while reading this post i think you already made an assumption that it didn't work.

What am I leading this one way conversation to, is that i really need help to understand what i'm doing wrong and what i need to do. As you can already tell my english is terrible and thats why i want to find something i could talk to in discord *DM* to explain the exact root of the problem and what exectly i need to find, (It will take a lot of time to write it correctly so anyone could understand what i wrote).

The Mogician
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: I just can't understand how it is done but i really want to.

Post by The Mogician »

Put a request in at the request section, somebody might be able to help. Also what have you tried with the game so far? Did you just try basic number scanning? Have you tried different number types? Have you tried unknown initial and increase/decrease?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: I just can't understand how it is done but i really want to.

Post by SunBeam »

I always find it funny when people go on babbling about their trouble WITHOUT explaining a bit better the context:

"Chances of geting a *unique* or *legendary* skull on 1-st and 2-nd stage are as low as my "hacking" skills, which means 1st and 2nd stage feels like awkward prelude before real fun begins."

Sure, let me imagine what that is, what it means, how it looks like, how you get it, what you have to do to get it, etc. A screenshot or video would really help, y'know.

Then there's this: "Did you just try basic number scanning? Have you tried different number types? Have you tried unknown initial and increase/decrease?" That equals to "have you tried rebooting?" - suggesting something, but not really.

How about this:

1) Think of it in logical, human terms. You're dealing with a probability. The probability is driven by *something* in the game code. Since it doesn't occur that often, then it's something FIXED that can change based on some factors. What can those factors be: well, say you get to equip an item that increases the chance of getting those from 1% to 2% (this is where those screenshots or videos would've helped).

2) In programming, the "chance" is thought of as a randomization. The term 'RNG' stands for random number generator. This is usually a piece of code whose sole purpose is to give you a random number "r" between X and Y. The game engine will then check the outcome and based on either hard-coded branching will determine what happens next: e.g.: if r = 2, then drop a golden skull; if r between 0.5 and 1.0; if r etc. Note that I've already started showing some specifics: FLOAT values.

3) Try CE's unrandomizer first, with different values (not sure it lets you do it anymore, but try). See if you notice any changes.

4) Start looking for an unknown value. Find something in-game that changes your probability rate; equip that item all the way through the panels till an OK is given (most games won't APPLY the attributes till you exit the inventory or w.e. screen). Then do has changed. Go back, remove, OK. Has changed. Go back, add, OK. Has changed. Go back, remove, add, OK. Has not changed. Vary these actions, always keeping tabs of what you're doing, so you know what to scan for next. Alternating values will help diminish the amount you're to check at the end of the scan process.

Hope this helps,
Sun