Indefinite Values

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
LillyanaKabal
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Indefinite Values

Post by LillyanaKabal »

How do you go about finding values that aren't fully displayed? Like, in Void Destroyer 2, it shows your money as "x.xk" rather than the full amount, which makesit pretty impossible to plug in the value to cheat engine without going through a very lengthy process.

And on the topic of lengthy processes, is there any way to find out how a value is stored, other than the "try 4byte, try 8byte, try 2byte, try double, try float, try string" method?

Rysefox
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Indefinite Values

Post by Rysefox »

LillyanaKabal wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:46 pm
How do you go about finding values that aren't fully displayed? Like, in Void Destroyer 2, it shows your money as "x.xk" rather than the full amount, which makesit pretty impossible to plug in the value to cheat engine without going through a very lengthy process.

And on the topic of lengthy processes, is there any way to find out how a value is stored, other than the "try 4byte, try 8byte, try 2byte, try double, try float, try string" method?
1. When you dont know the value (or the value isnt fully displayed) then use Unknown scan
2. I dont know a method, but it almost 4byte,float.

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Dread_Pony_Roberts »

If you don't know how it's stored, the best thing to do is to start out by guessing. Bars and decimals are usually floats or doubles, while whole numbers can be simply displayed in 1 to 4 bytes. I say usually because I have seen floats used for whole numbers, floats for decimals rounded up (so it displayed as a whole number), and 2 bytes used for a bar. If in doubt, just scan all with an unknown scan and filter through it as best you can.

LillyanaKabal
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by LillyanaKabal »

Rysefox wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:00 pm
LillyanaKabal wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:46 pm

1. When you dont know the value (or the value isnt fully displayed) then use Unknown scan
2. I dont know a method, but it almost 4byte,float.
That's the way I was doing it. Just wondered if there was a quicker or smarter way. Thank you for the reply anyway.